|Kim So-yeon Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5¼ in|
|Date of Birth||November 2, 1980|
Kim So-yeon is a South Korean actress, model, and theatre artist who has played several characters on shows and films such as Bong Hae-ryung in Happy Home, Kang Mi-ri in Mother of Mine, Kim Lisa in Secret Mother, Tanya in Gabi, Shin Joo-yeon in I Need Romance 3, Kim Soon-jung in Beating Again, and Kim Seon-hwa in Iris the Movie.
Seoul, South Korea
Kim So-yeon studied Theatre and Film at Dongguk University which is a private, coeducational university in Seoul, South Korea.
Actress, Theatre Artist, Model
Kim So-yeon is represented by J Wide-Company.
5 ft 5¼ in or 165.5 cm
52 kg or 114.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kim So-yeon has dated –
- Lee Sang-woo (2016-Present) – She started going out with actor Lee Sang-woo in 2016 and on September 6, 2016, the speculations about their relationship were confirmed. They met one another on the set of the MBC family drama show, Happy Home, in which they co-starred alongside Kim Yeong-cheol, Won Mi-kyung, and Lee Pil-mo. Soon enough, it was made public on March 28, 2017, that Kim So-yeon and Lee Sang-woo would be tying the knot in June 2017.
Race / Ethnicity
Kim So-yeon is of South Korean descent.
- Lean physique
- Pierced ears
Kim So-yeon has either endorsed or promoted a variety of brands through social media which include the likes of AllForYou Korea, I’M CHIC, etc.
Kim So-yeon Facts
- She was 14 years old when she entered the Miss Binggrae beauty pageant even though her parents had not given their approval.
- Kim So-yeon achieved the feat of becoming the first Korean teen star to earn more than ₩100 million from commercial modeling.
- She once used a marker pen as an eyeliner for an event and luckily it was her who finally won it.
- She became a victim of typecasting during the starting phase of the 2000s which led her to take a break from acting in 2005.
- In 2009, Kim So-yeon played the role of Ophelia, a young noblewoman of Denmark, the daughter of Polonius, and potential wife of Prince Hamlet, in a production of the popular Shakespearean tragedy, Hamlet.
- She portrayed the character of Ma Hye-ri in the legal drama romantic comedy TV series, Prosecutor Princess, in 2010 and won the 18th SBS Drama Award for her performance.
- Kim So-yeon was cast in the leading role of Tanya, a royal barista, in the 2012 drama film, Gabi, in which she co-starred alongside Joo Jin-mo and Park Hee-soon. This role won her the 20th Korean Culture and Entertainment Award for “Excellence Award, Actress in a Film” in 2012.
- For her role in Gabi, she studied the Russian language for months and also took the time to learn the art of coffee brewing.
- Over the years, Kim So-yeon has appeared in music videos for many songs such as Why Is the Sky by Lee Ji-hoon, Beautiful Goodbye by Jung Jae-wook, and Diary of a Day by KCM.
- She has also amassed a decent social media fan base and enjoys more than 500k followers on Instagram.
Featured Image by Kinocine PARKJAEHWAN / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0