|Kiran Navgire Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||September 18, 1994|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Kiran Navgire is an Indian professional cricketer who has represented her country in the shortest format of the sport (T20Is), as a middle-order batter. In the Indian domestic circuit, she has played for her home state of Maharashtra (2018-19-2019-20) and Nagaland (2021-22-Present) across all formats. In franchise-based T20 leagues, Kiran has turned out for Velocity (2022) in the Women’s T20 Challenge and the UP Warriorz (2023) in the WPL (Women’s Premier League).
Kiran Prabhu Navgire
Solapur, Maharashtra, India
Kiran, after her high school graduation, joined the Savitribai Phule Pune University, a collegiate public state university located in Pune, Maharashtra.
- Father – Her father is a farmer.
- Siblings – She has a younger and an older brother.
She has been represented by Fair Play Sports, Athlete Management Agency, New Delhi, India.
- 19 – T20 International (T20I)
- 5 – UP Warriorz (WPL)
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Toned physique
- Short-cropped, side-parted hair
- Boyish face
- Affable smile
Kiran Navgire Facts
- Kiran took to cricket only in her late teenage years and played for the Savitribai Phule Pune University between the 2013-14 and the 2015-16 seasons although she did not have any formal training. Before developing an interest in cricket, she was involved in athletics and represented the university in events such as javelin throw, shot put, and 100 meters dash.
- She started her senior-level domestic cricket career with her home state of Maharashtra in the 2018-19 season. However, Kiran had to switch to Nagaland in the 2021-22 season as she was not getting enough opportunities with the Maharashtra team.
- In April 2022, representing Nagaland, in a match against Arunachal Pradesh, she smashed 162 runs not out off a mere 76 balls. This made Kiran the first Indian cricketer, male or female, to have scored more than 150 runs in a T20 inning. Her score of 162 runs also set the then record for the highest individual score in the Women’s Senior T20 Trophy, the premier women’s domestic T20 cricket competition in India.
- In May 2022, she was included in the Velocity squad for the upcoming 4th (and final) season of the Women’s T20 Challenge, a precursor to the Women’s Premier League that began in 2018 as a one-off exhibition match and was then played in 2019, 2020, and 2022 as a 4-match, 3-team tournament. On May 26, 2022, on Kiran’s debut in the tournament, she smashed 69 runs off 34 balls – she reached her fifty off just 24 balls, the then-fastest fifty in the tournament’s history.
- She made her WT20I (and international) debut for India in September 2022. The following month, Kiran was a part of the Indian squad that won the 2022 edition of the ACC (Asian Cricket Council) Women’s Asia Cup. It was the 8th edition of the tournament, the 4th in succession that was played in the T20I format, and the 7th time that India won this title.
- In February 2023, in the auction for the upcoming inaugural edition of the WPL (Women’s Premier League), she was acquired by the UP Warriorz for INR 30 lakhs. In March 2023, in the team’s first match of the tournament, Kiran smashed 53 runs off 43 balls to help her team chase down a target of 170 runs off the 2nd last ball of the match, with 3 wickets to spare.
Featured Image by Kiran Navgire / Instagram