|Lando Norris Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||November 13, 1999|
Lando Norris is a British professional racing driver and social media star best known as one of the youngest and most prominent drivers in Formula 1. He was most recognized for driving for McLaren-Honda starting in 2017, as part of their young driver program. Furthermore, an announcement made on September 3, 2018, allowed him to drive for McLaren-Renault at the 2019 Formula One World Championship, in partnership with Carlos Sainz Jr. He was 1st noted among the audience for winning the World Carting Championships held in Bahrain in 2013, after which he also won CIK-FIA European and CIK-FIA Supercup title. After he won the CIK-FIA KF World Championship in 2014, he became the youngest winner of the championship ever.
In 2014, Lando also made his debut in the Ginetta Junior Championship and finished in 3rd place overall. Lando raced for Mücke Motorsport and Carlin Motorsport in 2015 before he drove for M2 Competition in the Toyota Racing Series held in New Zealand, where he won 6 times throughout the season. Besides being named junior drive with McLaren, he also raced for Carlin Motorsports in the 2017 European Formula 3 Championship. Lando also raced for Carlin the next year during the 2018 FIA Formula 2 Championship and nearly won the title, but ultimately ended up as a runner-up to George Russell, another well-known racing driver from the United Kingdom.
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
Guildford, Surrey, England, United Kingdom
Lando Norris attended a private school, Millfield School, in Street, Somerset, England, United Kingdom, but left before he took his GCSEs (General Certificate of Secondary Education). However, his parents hired him a full-time personal tutor, and he began studying mathematics and physics.
Professional Racing Driver, Social Media Star
- Father – Adam Norris (Retired Pensions Manager)
- Siblings – He has a brother.
Lando Norris is represented by –
- We Are Grip (Talent Agent) in Shoreditch, London, England, United Kingdom
- ADD Management (Manager) in the United Kingdom
4 – McLaren
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of British/English descent on his paternal side, and of Belgian descent on his maternal side.
Wide, thick eyebrows
Lando Norris has endorsed brands such as –
- BELL Helmets
- Pure Scooters
- Richard Mille Watches
- Cool Performance
Best Known For
- Being one of the youngest and most prominent racing drivers for McLaren, who 1st became a junior driver in 2017, but competed in the 2019 Formula One World Championship, partnering with Carlos Sainz Jr.
- Winning MSA Formula championship (2015), Eurocup Formula Renault 2.0 (2016), Formula Renault 2.0 Northern European Cup (2016), and Toyota Racing Series (2016)
- His social media fanbase of more than 800k followers on Instagram and more than 300k followers on Twitter
First F1 Match
Lando Norris made his F1 debut at the Belgian Grand Prix for McLaren, participating in Free Practice 1 with a car No. 47. He managed to run 26 laps during the sessions and finished 18th out of 20 cars. Nonetheless, Lando still managed to beat the best lap time of Stoffel Vandoorne’s car, a fellow McLaren driver.
Lando Norris Favorite Things
- Hobby – Designing And Painting His Own Race Gear
- Driving Circuits – Spa, Austin, Silverstone
Lando Norris Facts
- He was not, in fact, named after Lando Calrissian, a Star Wars rebel, which was a question he gets asked a lot.
- His dad was one of the richest people in Briston, England, where he was born. On the “Bristol Rich List 2016,” Adam Norris had a personal fortune of £205 million.
- Lando and his family moved to Glastonbury, Somerset, England, to give him a chance to pursue his career.
- Lando can speak both Dutch and English and holds a dual Belgian and British citizenship.
- He was 1st interested in motorcycle racing, but after he saw just 1 round of the Super 1 National Kart Championships live, he fell in love with 4-wheel racing.
- He was always slim. At the age of 11, the minimum driver weight was 40 kg or 88 lbs, and he was 38 kg or 84 lbs. He wore lead insoles and ankle weights to tip the scale, which was illegal, and he was strip-searched at one of the races after someone complained.
- Lando doesn’t consider Lewis Hamilton his idol, even though he appreciates the comparisons made between them.
- He considers Valentino Rossi his 1st racing hero. He was a MotoGP driver he watched on TV starting at the age of 4 before he even found out about Formula 1 or karting.
- Lando began watching F1 around 2005 and remembers the whole Alonso versus Hamilton competition season.
- At the age of 17, Lando was the youngest winner of the FIA Formula 3 European Championship. He was so good that he had 9 victories, and was 53 points ahead of the competitor in 2nd place.
- Lando got his driving license when he was 17 and a half years old. He passed the driving test immediately but failed on the theory the 1st time because he got confused on some questions.
- Lando won the McLaren Autosport BRDC Award in 2016. One of the judges stated: “Lando’s commitment, braking technique, and lines stood out straight away. He was very consistent, unflustered throughout the test, and very mature for his age.”
- During the 2nd day of testing for McLaren in August 2017, Lando had the 2nd fastest lap at the Hungaroring, a track in Mogyoród, Hungary. By November, he was promoted into the official test and reserve driver for McLaren for the 2018 F1 season.
- Lando’s 1st car was a Mini Cooper D. He then drove Renault Clio RS that he got through McLaren’s business deal with Renault.
- If he were to be given a McLaren car, Lando would want either P1 or 720S model. For everyday driving, the perfect choice for him would be 600LT.
- Following his F1 success, Lando also began streaming himself driving using computer peripherals to simulate the real car in the F1 video game. In fact, Lando credits playing racing video games such as Gran Turismo on PlayStation2 before actually karting in real life for teaching him the basics.
- Lando competed against Max Verstappen, a Red Bull racer, in a 12-hour session of online simulated racing on iRacing in 2019.
- In late August 2019, while on a holiday in Croatia, Lando had a foot tendon inflammation arise when running. He was in extreme pain and wore a leg support boot to alleviate the symptoms and be able to race in the Belgian GP. Lando also swore he wouldn’t run for a while again.
- He is considered a part of the so-called “BritPack” with fellow British racers Alex Albon and George Russell.
- Lando admits to a lot of swearing when driving if he makes a mistake because he gets annoyed at himself.
- He is not into partying like other drivers and doesn’t like drinking either. Lando prefers simulation driving than getting hungover after a night out with friends in a pub.
- He met A$AP Ferg in August 2019.
- Visit his official website @ landonorris.com.
- Follow him on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Twitch.
Featured Image by Lando Norris / Instagram