|Laura Vandervoort Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6½ in|
|Date of Birth||September 22, 1984|
Laura Vandervoort is a Canadian actress who is best known for portraying roles such as Sadie Harrison in Instant Star, Lisa in V, Arla “The Bolt-Gun Killer” Cogan in Haven, Elena Michaels in Bitten, and Kara Zor-El (Supergirl) in Smallville. She has also appeared in a variety of other TV shows and films such as Prom Queen: The Marc Hall Story, Troubled Waters, Into the Blue 2: The Reef, Riverworld, This Means War, Ted, Jigsaw, Goosebumps, Are You Afraid of the Dark?, Mutant X, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, 72 Hours: True Crime, White Collar, Supergirl, The Handmaid’s Tale, and many more. Laura has done voiceover work in video games like Spider-Man: Edge of Time and has been featured in the music videos of songs like Alexz Johnson’s Ruthless Love. For her acting skills, she has been nominated for numerous awards such as the Young Artist Award and Golden Maple Award.
Laura Diane Vandervoort
VanderV, Supergirl, Vandiekins
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Laura attended York Mills Collegiate Institute in North York, Ontario. Later, she graduated from York University in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. She studied English and psychology there.
- Siblings – Sarah (Older Sister)
5 ft 6½ in or 169 cm
53 kg or 117 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Laura Vandervoort dated –
- Corey Sevier (2005-2011) – After meeting Corey Sevier on the set of Instant Star in 2004, Laura started dating him in August 2005. After 5 years of dating, the couple engaged each other in August 2010. But, the relationship didn’t go far after that and they split in 2011.
- Michael Rosenbaum (2012-2013) – Laura was already friends with American actor Michael Rosenbaum. She met him again on the set of the TV series “Smallville” and dated him from 2012 to February 2013.
- Oliver Trevena (2013-2015) – Laura started dating British actor, singer, and TV host, Oliver Trevena in 2013. The couple got engaged in February 2014 but they broke up in 2015.
Race / Ethnicity
35-25-35 in or 89-63.5-89 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
She has appeared in commercials for Philadelphia Cream Cheese, and Smarties.
Best Known For
Playing the lead role as Sadie Harrison in the Instant Star from 2004 to 2008, playing Kara Zor-El in the television series Smallville from 2007 to 2011, and as Lisa in the ABC’s science fiction television series V from 2009 to 2011.
Laura appeared in the 1999 TV film Penny’s Odyssey for her role as Tanya.
First TV Show
From 1997 to 1998, Laura appeared in the 3 episodes of children’s horror fantasy anthology television series Goosebumps for her role as Nadine Platt / Sheena Deep.
She is very close to her family and sometimes works out with her dad. She is like a son to her dad.
Laura Vandervoort Favorite Things
- TV Show – The Office (2005-2013)
- Color – Blue
- Fruit – Pineapple
- Band – Collective Soul, Goo Goo Dolls
Source – TV.com
Laura Vandervoort Facts
- She likes to watch horror movies.
- As a kid, Vandervoort had played several sports such as baseball, basketball, football, gymnastics, karate, and tennis.
- She has a second-degree black belt in karate.
- Canadian actor Gordon Pinsent is her relative.
- She was among Maxim’s Hot 100 Women in 2010 and 2011.
- Laura is very close to her family.
- She has raised her voice in support of PETA and supported them in their “Exotic Skins” campaign.
- In 2011, she voiced the role of Mary Jane Watson in the video game “Spider-Man: Edge of Time”.