With 6 ft height and killer six pack abs, Lazar Angelov is a fitness model and personal trainer. Lazar inevitably is equipped with strong, muscular, and aesthetically carved body. The fitness enthusiast attributes both his workouts and diet for his macho physique. Here are some of the diet and workout secrets of Lazar which uphold him in incredible shape.
Workouts without nutrition cannot render you sought-after results. Lazar embarked on workouts and lifting heavy weights at very young age of 10-11. However, he being uninformed about the requirement of proper nutrition didn’t provide adequate sustenance to his body. As he used to spent very grueling day, which comprised of basketball training in the morning and lifting weights in the evening, his body became dearth of calories and nourishment. Having comprehended the value of balanced nutrition, he now doesn’t fail to fulfill the dietary needs of his body.
He has grown so much so proficient in diet that he can easily trim down his body fat from 12% to 3%. However, he renounces intake of low calorie diet because such diet programs cause loss of muscle mass in his body. He eats foods opulent in proteins, complex carbs, and healthy fats to nourish his body. To meet the burgeoning needs of his overworked body, he consumes six small meals in a day. After every two hours, he feeds wholesome meals such as oat flakes, tuna fish, chicken fillets, salad etc. to his body.
Steadiness in Diet And Workouts
Most of us believe that our aim is fulfilled once we acquire our desired body. However, the truth is – we cannot expect to retain the gratifying results just by being satisfied and reverting to old slothful routine. Lazar consistently devotes his time and attention to keep up his physique in kick-ass shape. He shares, when he diverts from healthy lifestyle and switches to lethargic lifestyle, it doesn’t take him long to go out of shape. Retaining chiseled figure is a constant and never ending process. So, if you are seeking after perennial results, abide by regular workouts and wholesome diet schedule.
Supplements – For Optimum Health
Apart from being fitness expert, Lazar is also a nutrition expert, who consumes supplements based on his body type.
Glutamine – From long time, he has been swearing by supplement namely Glutamine. Since high intensity strength training and cardio workouts depletes the level of glutamine, and thus causes debilitated immune system, it’s critical for bodybuilders to supplement with glutamine.
Creatine – He steers clear from creatine because his stomach being sensitive is not compatible with any form of this supplement. Prior to consuming any supplement, you shall consult with your dietitian about the suitability of the same. Not doing so can jeopardize your body and health.
Protein Powder – Consumption of protein powder is imperative after grueling workouts because it renders such amino acids to your body which are not naturally produced in your body. Among all the proteins, whey protein is most prominently used form of protein. It can be consumed after exercises or along-with meals. The protein being dense in essential amino acids peps up muscle growth and repair process in your body. Lazar eats whey protein in his snacks to support his body in muscle building process.
Workouts with Music
The former professional basketball player being avid fan of music seldom performs his workouts without playing his adored music. He mostly works out on the new tracks of Rick Ross, old classics by Tupac, and Slim Thug. Music diverts his attention from the chaos of life and focuses it on music and workouts. Since music has wonderful capacity to relax your mind, you too can nurture the habit of working out on rock music and see spectacular changes in your body and mood.
The stud practices vigorous workouts to rip his body. He lifts heavy weights to magnify muscle mass in his body. He keeps altering his workouts to render proper workout to specific muscle group. To meet the same objective, he allocates diverse days of the week to different parts of his body. Lazar reckons, since there are no quick fixes to hale and excellent physique, you need to give your hundred percent to relish rewarding results.
Lazar practices workouts five to six days in a week and his rest time relies on his level of exhaustion. He gives sufficient time to his body to complete the recovery process. Besides that, he performs high intensity cardio workouts which are less time consuming but far more influential than steady workouts. He spends twenty minutes on cardio and does sprints in order to reduce fat percentage from the body (and not muscle).
Here is a sample workout routine of Lazar Angelov.
Monday – Chest / Abs
- Flat Bench Press – 4 sets with 8 reps
- Incline Bench – 4 sets with 8 reps
- Decline Bench – 4 sets with 8 reps
- Machine Pull Over – 3 sets with 10 reps
- Hammer Press – 3 sets with 10 reps
- Dips – 3 sets with 10 reps
- Weighted Sit Ups – 3 sets with 10 reps
Tuesday – Back and Traps
- Bent over row – 4 sets with 8 reps
- Deadlift – 4 sets with 8 reps
- Pull downs – 4 sets with 10 reps
- Pull ups – 4 sets with 10 reps
- Seated cable row – 4 sets with 10 reps
Wednesday – Deltas / Abs
- Military Press Behind The Neck – 3 sets with 8 reps
- Machine Press – 4 sets with 8 reps
- Lateral Raises – 4 sets with 10 reps
- Weight Plate Front Raises – 4 sets with 10 reps
- Front Raise – 4 sets with 10 reps
- Reverse Pec Deck – 4 sets with 10 reps
- Reverse Fly’s (on incline bench) – 4 sets with 2 reps
- Weighted Sit Up – 4 sets
- Hanging Leg Raise – 4 sets
- Side Bends – 4 sets
- Side Crunches – 4 sets
- Shrugs – 6 sets with 10 reps
For the last 4 exercises, there isn’t any fixed repetition count. Lazar continues to do until his strength failure.
Thursday – Triceps / Biceps
- Close Grip Bench Press – 4 sets with 8 reps
- Pushdown – 4 sets with 8 reps
- EZ Bar Skull Crushers – 4 sets with 10 reps
- Cable Kickback – 4 sets with 12 reps
- EZ Bar Curl – 4 sets with 8 reps
- Wide Grip Curl – 4 sets with 8 reps
- Hammer Curl – 4 sets with 8 reps (each hand)
- Concentration Curl – 4 sets with 12 reps
Friday – Legs / Abs
- Squats – 4 sets with 12 reps
- Squat (to bench) – 4 sets with 12 reps
- Bulgarian Squat – 4 sets with 12 reps
- Quad Extensions – 4 sets with 16 reps
- Stiff Leg Deadlift – 4 sets with 12 reps
- Leg Curls – 4 sets with 16 reps
- Glute Kickbacks – 4 sets with 20 reps
- Calf Machine Raises – 4 sets with 20 reps
- Seated Calf Raises – 4 sets with 20 reps
- Leg Press Calf Raises – 4 sets with 20 reps
- Weighted Sit ups – 4 sets
- Air bike – 4 sets
- Side Bends – 4 sets
- Barbell Twists – 4 sets
Again, for the last 4 exercises, there isn’t any fixed repetition count. Lazar continues to do until his strength failure.