|Lee Hi Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||September 23, 1996|
Lee Hi is a South Korean singer known for releasing popular songs like Scarecrow, Breathe, and Hold My Hand. She has done endorsement work for numerous brands and is represented by popular agencies. Lee has a self-titled YouTube channel with more than 800k subscribers. She has a huge social media fan base with more than 2 million followers on Instagram and more than 2 million followers on Facebook.
Bucheon, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea
Seoul, South Korea
Lee is a former student of Sukchun Elementary School followed by Sangil Middle School. To complete her high school education, she enrolled in the School of Performing Arts (SOPA) in Guro-gu, Seoul.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Lee Hyoo Rim (Older Sister)
Lee Hi is represented by Yang Hyun Suk of YG Entertainment.
K-Pop, R&B, Hip Hop, Soul, Rhythm & Blues, Jazz
- Warner Taiwan
- YG Entertainment
- HIGHGRND (Subsidiary of YG Entertainment)
5 ft 1 in or 155 cm
48 kg or 106 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
In a 2016 interview, Lee disclosed that she is waiting for her boss, Yang Hyun Suk’s consent while looking for a guy who is funny and fond of long conversations on the phone. She does not intend to make a public announcement as soon as she finds a boyfriend but will not deny the news if it becomes public knowledge by chance.
Race / Ethnicity
She often tends to dye her hair ‘dark brown’.
- Doll-like personality
- Girl next door sense of style
- Popular for her signature husky voice
M.A.C. released a specifically limited edition shade of lipstick in Lee Hi’s name as part of their Future Forward campaign in 2017.
Her religious views aren’t known publicly.
Best Known For
Being the runner-up of the amateur singing reality competition, K-Pop Star Season 1, aired on SBS network in 2012 at the age of 15
Her debut studio album was called First Love which was released in March 2013 by YG Entertainment.
She hasn’t been cast in any theatrical film yet.
First TV Show
She made her TV show debut as a contestant on K-Pop Star Season 1 in 2011.
- Lee confessed that she has a natural tendency to gain weight and has to diet and exercise rigorously to stay slim and energetic for stage performances. During the early years of her career when she was still a teenager, the pressure to lose weight made her starve herself and exercise so intensely that she nearly pushed herself to partial deafness.
- Post-treatment and recovery, Lee restricts the duration and exercises in the gym and relies more on a healthy diet of fruits and vegetables prescribed by her nutritionist to stay lean. The singer has a sweet tooth and an even greater fondness for eating meat. She consumes her favorite foods in moderate portions only when she is not touring, traveling or promoting.
- Lee normally consumes 3 meals a day at a fixed time –
- Breakfast – 10 am
- Lunch – 1 pm
- Dinner – 4 pm
- In case of unexpected hunger pangs, she usually eats half a sweet potato with 3 cherry tomatoes as a mid-meal snack.
Lee Hi Favorite Things
Her favorite things are unknown.
Lee Hi Facts
- She is a former student of popular YouTuber, Simon Stawski who taught her in middle school before Simon quit his teaching job permanently when his career on YouTube took off.
- Fellow singer, Lee Su-hyun shared that Lee Hi is happier and more energetic at night than in the day. She starts smiling more after 10 pm and past midnight, she often puts on the music to dance.
- Her debut single was called 1,2,3,4 which was released on October 28, 2012. The single was nominated for “Best Song” and “Best Video” at the World Music Awards in 2012. It also won the “Best Rookie Award” at the Golden Disk Awards in 2013 and Seoul Music Awards in 2013.
- Before using a moisturizer after a bath, Lee uses a separate lotion for a self-administered acupressure massage that she gives herself at the back of her neck, back, forearms, legs and feet every day.
- Her boss and mentor, Yang Hyun Suk often asks her to become more refreshing and charming as an artist. Hence, to stay light-hearted, Lee likes to watch animation movies a lot.
- Follow her on Facebook, Instagram, Google+, and YouTube.
Featured Image by rokiei / Tistory / CC BY-2.0