|Lee Sung-kyung Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||August 10, 1990|
Lee Sung-kyung is a South Korean actress, singer, and model known for appearing in popular TV shows like Doctors, About Time, and Cheese in the Trap. She has done endorsement work for popular brands like Laneige, LG Q6, and Adidas. She has a huge social media popularity with more than 9 million followers on Instagram.
Goyang, Gyeonggi, South Korea
Lee Sung-kyung went to the Dongduk Women’s University. She graduated from the university in February 2016.
Model, Actress, Singer
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
Lee Sung-kyung is represented by YG Entertainment.
Ballads, Pop, K Pop
- Pastel Music
- YG Entertainment
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Lee Sung-kyung has dated –
- Song Min-ho (2015) – Lee was linked with model Song Min-ho towards the end of 2015. They were reported to have grown close while shooting a promotional campaign for Adidas.
- Kang Seung-yoon (2016) – In the summer of 2016, Lee was linked with singer and actor Kang Seung-yoon. They were reportedly seen together on a couple of occasions.
- Eddy Kim (2016) – In May 2016, Lee was linked with singer Eddy Kim. She was cast in the music video of his single, My Lips Like Warm Coffee. It was rumored that they had grown close during the shooting of the music video.
- Nam Joo-hyuk (2017) – Lee Sung-kyung’s relationship with actor Nam Joo-hyuk was confirmed in April 2017 in a statement by her agency YG Entertainment. Their relationship had blossomed on the sets of the TV series, Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo. It was reported that they had first gone out on a date towards the end of 2016 and they wanted to be absolutely sure about their relationship before making it public. In August 2017, her representative agency released a public statement revealing that they had ended their relationship. Some sources claimed that they struggled with the public spotlight on their relationship.
Race / Ethnicity
Dark Brown (Natural)
She often tends to dye her hair ‘blonde’ or ‘light brown’.
- Long legs
- Cute smile
Lee Sung-kyung has appeared in the TV commercials for the following brands –
- LG Q6
- Freshpop Shampoo
Her religious views aren’t known publicly.
Best Known For
- Being cast in the supporting roles in popular Korean TV series such as Doctors and Cheese in the Trap.
- Having played the lead role in the South Korean romantic comedy TV series, Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok-joo.
- Her immense popularity on the social media. She has more than 9 million followers on Instagram.
As a Singer
In 2013, she collaborated with The Papers for her first musical work, I Love You. Then, in 2017, the internationally acclaimed Korean singer Psy roped her in for his single, Last Scene.
In 2018, she made her theatrical film debut in Lovesling.
First TV Show
In 2014, Lee Sung-kyung made her first TV show appearance in the medical romantic TV series, It’s Okay, That’s Love.
Sung-kyung works out in the gym with a certain regularity. In the gym, she mostly focuses on the core workouts as she believes it helps to speed up her metabolism. She tries to complement her efforts in the gym with a clean and disciplined diet plan. She stays away from salty food as she feels it makes her feel bloated.
Also, she believes that gluten doesn’t suit her body as well. However, she always makes sure that she is not starving herself as it will have a bad effect on her body.
Lee Sung-kyung Favorite Things
Her favorite things aren’t known.
Lee Sung-kyung Facts
- She was cast in her debut TV series, It’s Okay That’s Love because the show director Kim Kyu-tae’s teenage daughter was a big fan of Lee and she showed her father Lee’s official Instagram page and Kim was sold immediately.
- In her free time, she loves to play classical piano. She has played piano since the age of 7.
- She started her modeling career in 2008 after having finished in the 11th spot at the local Super Model Contest.
- In 2009, she finished in the 5th spot at the International Asia Pacific Super Model Contest.
- Follow her on Instagram.
Featured Image by Lee Sung-kyung / Instagram