|Kang Seung-yoon Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10¾ in|
|Date of Birth||January 21, 1994|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Kang Seung-yoon is a South Korean singer, songwriter, composer, and actor who is the lead vocalist of the boy-band WINNER under YG Entertainment Inc. He rose to fame after finishing in 4th place on Superstar K2 (2010).
Haeundae District, Busan, South Korea
Kang Seung-yoon attended school until his second year of middle school after which he decided to drop out as a result of developing social anxiety due to severe bullying by his peers. After that, Seung began learning to play the classical guitar at an academy before going on to pursue a major in classic guitar at the Busan High School of Arts graduating from there in 2012.
He even took lessons in billiards in the past.
Seung-yoon did his GED examination during middle school.
Singer, Songwriter, Composer, Actor
Seung-yoon is managed by YG Entertainment Inc.
K-Pop, Hip Hop, Rock, Ballad
YG Entertainment Inc.
5 ft 10¾ in or 180 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Seung-yoon has dated –
- Lee Sung-kyung – In the summer of 2016, Seung-yoon was linked with singer, actress, and model Lee Sung-kyung.
- Moon Ji Hyo – He has been rumored to be in a relationship with actress Moon Ji Hyo. The two of them have also been photographed together.
Race / Ethnicity
He has South Korean ancestry.
- His plush lower lip
- Snub nose
Seung-yoon has appeared in commercials for various brands including Fanta.
Kang Seung-yoon Favorite Things
- Flavor Of Ice-Cream – “Very Berry Strawberry” and “Shooting Star” from Baskin-Robbins Restaurant
Kang Seung-yoon Facts
- He was raised as an only child in a Catholic family.
- Kang was baptized with the name Don Bosco.
- He was quite young when his parents legally parted ways, hence, being brought up by his mother single-handedly. Though his mother owned a business, she faced a substantial amount of losses which further led to her asking for more financial help from close friends and relatives. The aftereffects of this were deeply felt in Seung-yoon’s younger years.
- Kang knew nothing about his father because he left the family and much later news of his death was relayed after his passing.
- He was very good at mathematics and excelled in the subject with an IQ of 141.
- Growing up, Seung-yoon took an interest in becoming a politician, scientist, comic book writer, and billiards player.
- As an actor, Kang Seung-yoon made his debut TV show appearance as himself in High Kick 3 in 2011.
- With WINNER, he released his debut studio album titled Page on March 29, 2021.
- As a solo artist, Seung-yoon has released various tracks including I’ll Write You a Letter, Two of Us, Iyah, Hey Rain, Better, and Captain to name a few.
- Over the years, he has been presented with various awards including the K Web Fest Award’s “Best Male Actor” and Gaon Chart Music Award’s “Rookie of the Year”.
- Kang does not like blind dates.
- On June 20, 2023, Kang Seung-yoon enlisted in the military as an active-duty soldier.
Featured Image By Marie Claire Korea / YouTube / CC BY 3.0