|Lee Tae-min Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10½ in|
|Date of Birth||July 18, 1993|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Lee Tae-min is a singer and actor from South Korea. He is the SHINee band member (under SM Entertainment) who started his career in 2008. He started dancing when he was in 6th grade. He grew up while watching the famous singer and dancer, Michael Jackson. With his band SHINee, he has released albums like Press It and Move.
Dancing Machine, Tae, Taeminnie
Seoul, South Korea
Taemin went to Chungdam High School.
Later, he moved to Hanlim Multi Art School from Chungdam in March 2011 to spend more of his time for Shinee’s Japanese advancement.
In February 2012, he graduated but he couldn’t attend the ceremony due to his group’s activities.
Lee then started going to Myongji University to specialize in Musical and Film.
- Siblings – Taesun (Older Brother)
K-pop, J-pop, R&B, EDM, Funk Rock, Hip Hop
5 ft 10½ in or 179 cm
63 kg or 139 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Lee Tae-min has refrained from discussing his personal life with the media and public.
Race / Ethnicity
Dark Brown (Natural)
He prefers to dye his hair in different shades such as pink, blonde, gray, etc.
Lee Tae-min has done endorsement work for the following brands –
- Nana’s B
- Etude House
- The Saem
- Smart School uniform
- Oddugi Noodles
Best Known For
Being a vocalist of the popular South Korean boy group, Shinee, under SM Entertainment, which sold more than 180,000 copies of their EP Sherlock in 2012.
In 2016, as a solo artist, he released his first studio album, Press It, which was a huge commercial hit and became #1 on the Gaon Album Chart.
With his band SHINee, Taemin released his first album The Shinee World in 2008 which recorded the sales number of 88,000+ in Korea.
As a voice actor, he made his theatrical film debut by lending his voice to the character Johnny in The Outback in 2012.
In 2012, Taemin made his theatrical film debut in the South Korean documentary film I Am.
First TV Show
In 2008, Lee Tae-min made his first TV show appearance in the reality show Shinee’s Yunhanam.
Taemin once claimed that he is basically incapable of dieting because he has a very thin body type and has the inclination to gain weight easily. Once, his trainer made him do a set of exercises while eating a proper diet. But, it didn’t work well for him and he actually ended up losing an enormous amount of weight.
Lee Tae-min Favorite Things
- Variety Shows – Running man, Hello Counselor, 2 Days & 1 Night
- Costume – Ripped jacket with black jeans
Source – SBS
Lee Tae-min Facts
- He is very fond of horror movies and scares his SHINee band member, Key from time to time.
- Taemin just takes around 5 minutes toward the beginning of the day to prepare and start his day.
- On the reality show, We Got Married, Taemin was grouped together with Apink’s Naeun in 2013.
- Taemin had to wear headphones when his parents didn’t get him an MP3 Player, even when they were well known.
- Taemin learned Japanese by watching the anime, One Piece.
- Taemin always wanted to be a police officer or a pilot.
- Taemin goes to bed early. This is because if there’s noise, he won’t be able to sleep soundly.
- He is the youngest member of the band SHINee.
- In January 2022, it was revealed that Taemin would complete his military service as a public service worker due to depression and anxiety issues. He was discharged from his mandatory military service on April 4, 2023.
- He doesn’t have any official social media accounts.
Featured Image by With Taemin / Tistory / CC BY 4.0