|Lena Olin Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||March 22, 1955|
Lena Olin is a Swedish actress who is best known for her work in movies such as Fanny and Alexander (1982), The Unbearable Lightness of Being (1988), Enemies, A Love Story (1989), Romeo Is Bleeding (1993), Chocolat (2000), and Queen of the Damned (2002). For her work in The Unbearable Lightness of Being (1988), she was nominated for a Golden Globe Award in the category of ‘Best Supporting Actress’. For Enemies, A Love Story (1989), she had been nominated for an Academy Award in the category of ‘Best Supporting Actress’ and had won the New York Film Critics Circle Award in the same category. She is also well recognized for playing Irina Derevko in the action-thriller TV series Alias (2002-2006) for which she had been nominated for a Primetime Emmy Award (2003) and a Satellite Award (2003, 2004) in the category of ‘Best Supporting Actress’.
Lena Maria Jonna Olin
Bedford, Westchester County, New York, United States
Lena, apart from formal education, had studied acting at Sweden’s National Academy of Mime and Acting (NAMA) in Stockholm.
- Father – Stig Olin (né Högberg) (Actor, Theatre Director, Singer, Songwriter) (d. 2008)
- Mother – Britta Holmberg (Actress) (d. 2004)
- Siblings – Mats Olin (Older Brother) (Actor, Singer). She had another older brother who had died of cancer in 1960 when he was 10 years old.
- Others – Karin Lyberg (Mother-in-Law) (Writer) (d. 2000), Nils Hallström (Father-in-Law), Anders Hallström (Brother-in-Law) (Actor) (d. 1987), Thor Gösta Åberg (Biological Paternal Grandfather), Nils Gustaf Olin (Adoptive Paternal Grandfather), Karin Elisabeth Högberg (Paternal Grandmother), Siri Torngren (Adoptive Paternal Grandmother), Gustaf Arvid Holmberg (Maternal Grandfather), Elin Wilhelmina (Maternal Grandmother)
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
61 kg or 134.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Lena has dated –
- Örjan Ramberg – Lena was in a long-term relationship, that had lasted from the mid-1970s to the late 1980s, with a fellow Swiss actor and her colleague at the Royal Dramatic Theatre, Örjan Ramberg. They have a son together named Auguste Rahmberg (b. September 7, 1984) (Film Producer).
- Robert Redford (1989–1990)
- Lasse Hallström (1992–Present) – Lena began dating Swedish film director Lasse Hallström in 1992 and the couple got married on March 18, 1994, in Hedvig Eleonora Church in Stockholm. They have a daughter together named Tora Hallström (b. 1995) (Actress). She has a step-son named Johan Hallström (b. June 2, 1976) (Actor) from Lasse’s previous marriage.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Swedish and distant German descent.
- Petite frame
- Long, straight hair
- Charming smile
- Gleaming face
Lena Olin Facts
- She had triumphed at the ‘Miss Scandinavia’ beauty pageant held in 1974 when she was just 19 years old.
- Before making it big in show business, she used to work as a substitute teacher and as a hospital nurse.
- For her portrayal of Josephine Muscat in the film Chocolat (2000), that was directed by her husband Lasse Hallström, she had been nominated for a BAFTA Award in the category of ‘Best Actress in a Supporting Role’ and a European Film Award in the category of ‘Best Actress’. This was the first collaboration between the couple as director-actor and the magic of their pairing had also earned the film 5 Academy Award nominations.
Featured Image by Lena Olin / Instagram