|Leo Pellegrino Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||June 3, 1991|
Leo Pellegrino is an American baritone saxophonist who earned popularity as a member of the “brass house” band Too Many Zooz who went viral several times with performances in the subways of New York City, the presentations showcasing his unique dance moves, distinctive dress style, and talent.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
New York City, New York, United States
He attended Liberty Elementary School followed by Rodgers Middle School and CAPA. After that, he enrolled at the Manhattan School of Music where he became a member of the Afro-Cuban Jazz Orchestra and graduated in 2013 with a degree in music performance.
- Father – Stephen Pellegrino (Pittsburgh Accordionist, Composer, Arranger)
- Mother – Mary Shea
- Siblings – He has 1 older brother.
He is represented by Steve Hutton.
Brass House (Self-Defined), Jazz
Mouse Trap Entertainment LLC
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
62 kg or 136.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He often tends to dye his hair in bright colors.
- Multicolored hair
- Multiple piercings on face and ears
- Tattoos covering the entire right arm and right leg
He has endorsed brands such as KFC.
Leo Pellegrino Favorite Things
- Influences When Creating Music – Diplo, Major Lazer, Jack U, EDM
- Suggestion To Audience Of Street Performers – If you enjoy a street performance, you should donate money to the person to support and show appreciation.
- Career Tips – Work very hard on something that you love and are good at, not on something for the sake of it being likely to be popular.
Source – BulletMusic.net, DMNDR.com
Leo Pellegrino Facts
- He began to perform in the New York City subways in 2014 while still in school. He converted to full-time performance after discontinuing school from the following year, a decision despised by his teachers, colleagues as well as parents.
- Leo has always used a Theo Wanne Durga 3 mouthpiece along with Vandoren 4 reeds.
- By combining different styles into his playing, he broke out of the long-standing genre boundaries and innovated his own refreshing style.
- Saxophone players can seldom be seen to jig around but Pellegrino has been a surprising deviation with energetic dance moves that comprise of high-kicking, spinning, and fancy sliding with the feet. He has often played with one hand with his other hand in motion like a rapper. This rather strange blend has managed to bring in authenticity to his performance, making it uniquely appealing.
- His innovative performance style had led to friction with his professors, some taking to his alternative style, while others scoffing at it. Regardless of that, his ways and personality led him to be gracing the cover of the calendar that everyone in his high school received yearly.
- He has stated that “brass house”, the style of music that he and the other 2 members of the band Too Many Zooz created in the subway, is a combination of the leading styles of music that are rarely performed on 3 acoustic instruments and that the style that got formed was also molded according to the demands of the New York citizens.
- In 2016, Pellegrino appeared on Beyoncé‘s album Lemonade and also performed with the famous singer at the Country Music Association Awards.
- Several videos featuring Pellegrino have attained massive popularity on YouTube, the reason being his talent, unique dancing, as well as his vibrantly colored hair and inventive dress styles.
Featured Image by Leo Pellegrino / Instagram