|Lisa Edelstein Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||May 21, 1966|
Although Lisa Edelstein had largely flown under the radar until her work in the House had impressed the critics. Her musical play Positive Me was considered as a groundbreaker for its focus on the AIDS outbreak in the U.S. Over the years, her great acting skills have helped her garner appearances in popular TV shows such as Castle and Scandal. She has also lent her voice to the popular animated shows such as King of the Hill, American Dad!, and Superman: The Animated Series.
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Lisa Edelstein graduated from Wayne Valley High School in 1984. Then, at the age of 18, she got enrolled at the New York University’s Tisch School of the Arts to study theatre.
- Father – Alvin Edelstein (Pediatrician)
- Mother – Bonnie Edelstein (Social Worker)
- Siblings – She has 2 older siblings.
- Others – Samuel Edelstein (Paternal Grandfather), Ida Gitl Stelling (Paternal Grandmother), Louis S. Wiederkehr (Maternal Grandfather), Gertrude F. Scher (Maternal Grandmother)
Lisa Edelstein is represented by Los Angeles based Water Street Anthem Entertainment.
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Lisa Edelstein has dated –
- Petri Räisänen (2007-2008) – In 2007, Lisa started dating her Finnish yoga instructor, Petri Räisänen. They dated for about a year before deciding to head in separate directions in the early months of the following year.
- Giammario Villa (2008-2009) – In 2008, she started going out with the artist, Giammario Villa. They were seen together on a couple of occasions. However, they decided to end their relationship in 2009.
- Norman Kali (2009) – Lisa Edelstein was going out with actor Norman Kali in 2009. They were even spotted holidaying together. But, it turned out to be a short-lived relationship.
- Robert Russell (2010-Present) – Lisa’s relationship with artist Robert Russell became public in December 2010 after they were photographed together on the red carpet at the AIDS Research Alliance Press Conference in Los Angeles. About a week later, they were again seen together at the L’Oreal Women of Worth Awards in the New York City. It was also revealed that they had then been dating for a couple of months but opted to keep their relationship secret until they were completely sure about it. They got married in May 2014 in a small and intimate wedding ceremony. After their marriage, she also became a stepmother to his 2 children.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry.
- Thin Lips
- Curly Hair
- In 2016, Lisa Edelstein was cast in a TV commercial for Cigna.
- She has also appeared in an advert for the animal rights foundation, PETA.
Best Known For
- Being cast in the role of Dr. Lisa Cuddy on the medical drama TV series, House
- Having played the role of Abby McCarthy on the comedy-drama TV series, Girlfriends’ Guide to Divorce
- Having made guest appearances on the popular TV shows such as House of Lies, Castle, Judging Amy, and Seinfeld
In 1991, she made her theatrical film debut in a minor role in the biographical movie, The Doors, which was based on the life of rock legend Jim Morrison.
First TV Show
In 1992, Lisa Edelstein made her first TV show appearance on the romance sitcom, Mad About You.
Lisa Edelstein follows a very diverse and intense workout regime to keep her fit even in her 50s. She is a huge fan of yoga and loves to go for the challenging poses. However, over the years, she has changed her yoga routine. Earlier, it used to be a very athletic practice but it has evolved into a more meditative connection.
For her cardio, she relies on the work done in the gym. She also lifts light weights for her strength training workout and maintains an active lifestyle. She loves to ride a bike and go for hikes. Also, instead of taking escalators, she prefers to use stairs. Even if she has a very busy work schedule, she makes sure that she is working out for at least half an hour.
She supports her fitness routine by eating a healthy and clean vegetarian diet. She had been eating vegetarian food for more than 3 decades and prefers to cook at home instead of dining out.
Lisa Edelstein Favorite Things
Her favorite things aren’t known.
Lisa Edelstein Facts
- When she was 16 years old, she was recruited in the cheerleading team by Donald Trump’s New Jersey Generals.
- Later, she decided to organize a protest after the franchise asked the cheerleaders to stand in the bar in their uniforms as she felt that they were treating the cheerleaders like hookers and eventually decided to organize a walkout.
- She moved to New York City at the age of 18 and grabbed a lot of attention for her partying and disco-loving lifestyle. She was called Queen of the Night by writer James St. James who, like Lisa, was identified as a celebutant, a term used for individuals who attain fame for no particular reason.
- Lisa found her first big breakthrough as an artist with the musical Positive Me, which she had written as well as starred in. It was based on the AIDS epidemic that had broken out in the 80s.
- Her musical Positive Me was one of the first AIDS-related theatre productions in the U.S.
- She has been appointed as the ambassador for Best Friends Animal Society, which is an animal welfare non-profit foundation that works with shelters and rescue groups, and advocates the adoption of pets.
- Follow Lisa Edelstein on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Christopher Peterson / Flickr / CC BY 2.0