|Lisa Leslie Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||July 7, 1972|
Lisa Leslie is an American basketball legend, known for being the Women’s National Basketball Association (WNBA) MVP and an Olympic basketball gold medalist. In 2018, she started to serve as the studio analyst for The Orlando Magic broadcasts on Fox Sports Florida, and in the following year was selected to be the Head Coach for Triplets in the BIG3 basketball league, becoming one of the 2 female trainers of the professional men’s team.
Lisa Deshaun Leslie
Gardena, California, United States
Florida, United States
She attended Morningside High School in Inglewood, California. After that, she enrolled at the women’s basketball powerhouse at the University of Southern California from 1990 to 1994, graduating with a bachelor’s degree in communications. She also did a master’s degree in business administration at the University of Phoenix.
Professional Basketball Player, Sports Analyst, Model, Actress
- Father – Walter Leslie (Semi-professional Basketball Player)
- Mother – Christine Lauren Leslie (Businesswoman)
- Siblings – Dionne (Older Sister), Tiffany (Younger Sister), Elgin (Brother)
As a basketball player, she is signed with Athlete Speakers and as a model, she is signed with Wilhelmina Models.
6 ft 5 in or 195.5 cm
77 kg or 170 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- Michael Lockwood (2005-Present) – She tied the knot with the pilot and former basketball player Michael Lockwood on November 5, 2005. They have a daughter named Lauren Jolie Lockwood (b. June 15, 2007) and a son named Michael Joseph Lockwood II (b. April 6, 2010).
Race / Ethnicity
She often tends to dye her hair ‘dark brown’ and ‘light brown’.
- Prominent cheekbones
- Long face
- Sharp nose
She has endorsed several brands such as –
Lisa Leslie Favorite Things
- Interest – Investing
- WNBA Athlete – Nneka Ogwumike
- Stars – Michael Jackson, Prince
- The Person She Would Most Want To Dine With – Jesus Christ
- Attitude To Life – It is wise to always keep God first.
Source – The Undefeated
Lisa Leslie Facts
- Her father left the family never to return when her mother was 4 months pregnant with her.
- In her childhood, Leslie used to get teased for her much-above-average height. Her mother who was 6 feet 3 inches herself, taught her to handle the comments by responding “and beautiful.”
- At the age of 20, she was the youngest player to take part in the USA Olympic Trials in 1992.
- Nobody before Leslie had been able to dunk in a WNBA game.
- The vicious rivalry she had with basketball player Lauren Jackson was made public when in the 2000 Olympics, the Australian star pulled out Leslie’s hair extensions in rage during a game.
- In 2015, Leslie got inducted into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame.
- Apart from being a sportswoman, she has also been a fashion model and an aspiring actress.
- She has been featured in sports publications and top magazines like Vogue and Newsweek.
- She has stated that the sport she would pass on would be boxing as she would never want to be in the ring because of the serious fighting and injuries involved.
- In the WNBA, she developed a habit of tying her shoes extremely tight before going to play and never got over it.
- Right from childhood, she has always put her faith and goals in the name of God and always wanted to fulfill his purpose. She has believed that this attitude helped her the most in life.
Featured Image by Lisa Leslie / Instagram