|Lonnie Walker Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||December 14, 1998|
Lonnie Walker is an American professional basketball player who has represented the San Antonio Spurs (2018–2022) and the Los Angeles Lakers (2022–Present), as a shooting guard / small forward, in the National Basketball Association (NBA). He was drafted 18th overall in the 1st round of the 2018 NBA Draft by the San Antonio Spurs.
Lonnie Walker IV
Reading, Berks County, Pennsylvania, United States
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Lonnie had attended the Reading Senior High School, (colloquially known as The Castle on The Hill), a 9–12 public school in his hometown of Reading. In 2017, after his high school graduation, he signed a letter of intent to join the University of Miami, a private research university in Coral Gables, Florida.
He had represented their Miami Hurricanes basketball team. After his sole season with the university concluded, he declared for the 2018 NBA Draft, thus forgoing his remaining college eligibility.
Professional Basketball Player
- Father – Lonnie Walker III (Former University-Level Basketball Player)
- Mother – Tamica Wall
Shooting Guard, Small Forward
- 4 – Los Angeles Lakers
- 1 – San Antonio Spurs
6 ft 4 in or 193 cm
93 kg or 205 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Lonnie has dated –
- Emily Miller (2017-Present) – Lonnie began dating Emily Miller in August 2017 and the couple got engaged in November 2021.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-American descent.
- Toned physique
- Towering frame
- Close-cropped, afro hair
- Sports a thin goatee
- Affable smile
- Has his right hand covered in tattoos
Lonnie Walker Facts
- Lonnie, during his senior year in high school, had averaged a career-best 18.4 points per game. In January 2017, he was selected as a McDonald’s ‘All-American’. For his high school career exploits, he was also named ‘Mr. Pennsylvania Basketball’ in 2017.
- In March 2017, he led his school team to their first state championship in the program’s 117-year history. In that final game, he finished with 22 points, 8 rebounds, 4 steals, and 3 assists.
- He had finished his high school career with 1,828 points, surpassing former NBA player Donyell Marshall’s school record.
- He had finished his freshman (and sole) season in university averaging 11.5 points per game and was named to the Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) ‘All-Freshman Team’ for 2018.
- In 2018, he donated 300 pairs of Adidas sneakers to his hometown youth blacktop league (The Blacktop Basketball Summer League is a non-profit athletic organization designed to provide young athletes aged 7-15 with a safe place to develop and display their basketball skills and talents).
- A pet dog of his, named Zola, was featured with him in a PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, an American animal rights nonprofit organization) campaign that was focused on reminding people not to leave their dogs alone in hot, parked cars. He has 2 other pet dogs named Apollo and Bishop.
- In June 2020, he revealed that he had been a victim of frequent s*xual abuse by some of his family members in his adolescence. He also mentioned that his trademark long hair, which was a feature of the early part of his professional career, was some sort of a coping mechanism. When he cut his hair short that month, he described the act as shedding years of mental and emotional baggage.
Featured Image by Lonnie Walker / Instagram