|Luba Mushtuk Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||November 14, 1989|
Luba Mushtuk is a Russian dancer, choreographer, and reality-TV star. She is best known for starring in the 16th season of BBC’s dancing reality-TV series Strictly Come Dancing in 2018. She also worked as the show’s assistant choreographer starting in 2016.
Lyuba Mushtuk (Russian: Люба Муштук)
At the age of 12, she moved from Russia to Italy to study under Caterina Arzenton, Italy’s World Champion in dancing.
Dancer, Reality-TV Star, Choreographer
- Father – He worked in technology.
- Mother – Love Mushtuk (Doctor)
- Siblings – She has an older brother who is also a dancer.
- Others – She has a niece born in November 2019.
Luba Mushtuk is represented by Gavin Barker Associates Ltd. (Talent Agent, Manager) in London, England, United Kingdom.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Luba Mushtuk has dated –
- Kevin Clifton – Rumor
- Giovanni Pernice (2017)
Race / Ethnicity
She has also dyed her hair ‘Black’ and ‘Dark Brown’ in the past.
Luba Mushtuk Favorite Things
- Dance Style – Rumba
- Ballroom Dance Style – Tango
- Burn The Floor Dancers – Peta Roby, Jason Gilkison
- Dressmakers – Chrisanne Clover, Espen Salberg
- Colors – Black, Red
- Cuisine – Japanese
- Food – Pizza, Pasta
- Sugary Treat – Chocolate
- Singers – Michael Buble, Andrea Bocelli
- Movies – Sleepless in Seattle (1993), The Pursuit of Happyness (2006)
- TV Shows – The Sinner, Orange Is the New Black (2013–2019)
- Makeup Item – Mascara
- Shoe Store – Selfridges
- Quote – “If you want something, fight for it!”
- Personal Quote – “Be a girl with a mind, a woman with attitude, and a lady with class.”
Luba Mushtuk Facts
- She started dancing at a very young age. Her older brother was a dancer and would teach her dance moves at home in secret. He asked her not to tell their parents since they thought she was too young.
- Luba went to her 1st dancing competition at the age of 4 in Saint Petersburg, Russia.
- As a young teenager, her body grew in height for more than 25 centimeters in 3 months. This led to 56 audition rejections because she was deemed ‘too tall’ for the male dancing partner.
- Luba is a 4-time Italian Dance Championship winner and an Italian Open Latin Show Dance champion.
- She met Ed Sheeran in December 2017.
- Luba joined the cast of Strictly Come Dancing in 2018 alongside Johannes Radebe and Graziano Di Prima.
- She won BBC’s 2018 Children In Need charity TV special by dancing with the Irish singer, songwriter, and drift driver, Shane Lynch.
- She competed in the 17th season of Strictly Come Dancing in September 2019. However, she was eliminated in the 1st dance-off against Nadiya Bychkova and David James alongside her dance partner, Olympic gold medalist in rowing, James Cracknell.
- Her fans criticized the show for pairing her up with James. He was enraged after the elimination and had to be calmed down backstage. James later confessed he was “no John Travolta” and apologized to Luba for his outburst, adding that his brain injury affected his behavior and ability to train.
- Luba described her dress style as “less is more”. She added that her preferences are beads and crystals, but that they aren’t mandatory for the dress to be considered elegant.
- Her mom taught her that the best advice is not to give advice at all. Instead, she was taught to just work hard and follow her dreams no matter what.
- Her primary clothing obsession is with her shoes. Her 2nd favorite clothing/accessory item is handbags.
- She has a tattoo of the word “hope” on her right hand.
- She had a dog named Rocky in Italy.
- Luba is fluent in 3 languages.
- As of April 2020, Luba is confirmed as the star of the 18th season of Strictly Come Dancing, scheduled to air in 2020. Some of the other confirmed dancers include AJ Pritchard, Katya Jones, Aljaž Škorjanec, Dianne Buswell, Gorka Marquez, Oti Mabuse, Janette Manrara, Amy Dowden, Anton Du Beke, Nancy Xu, and Karen Hauer.
Featured Image by Luba Mushtuk / Instagram