|Magda Linette Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||February 12, 1992|
Magda Linette is a Polish professional tennis player who is adept at both the singles and the doubles formats of the sport having been rated as high as world number 33 in singles in February 2020 and world number 26 in doubles in April 2022, as per the official WTA (Women’s Tennis Association) rankings. At Grand Slam tournaments, in the singles format, she had reached the 3rd round of the 2017 French Open, the 2018 Australian Open, the 2019 Wimbledon Championships, the 2020 US Open, the 2021 Wimbledon Championships, and the 2021 French Open. As of September 2022, she had won 2 singles titles on the WTA Tour – the 2019 Bronx Open (International) and the 2020 Hua Hin Championships (International). At Grand Slam tournaments, in the doubles format, she had reached the semi-final of the 2021 French Open; and the 3rd round of both the 2018 US Open and the 2022 Australian Open. As of September 2022, she had won 2 doubles titles on the WTA Tour – the 2022 Charleston Open (WTA 500) and the 2022 Eastbourne International (WTA 500).
Professional Tennis Player
- Father – Tomasz Linette (Tennis Coach)
- Mother – Beata Linette (Educator)
- Siblings – Dagmara Linette (Sister)
Right-Handed (Two-Handed Backhand)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
59 kg or 130 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Polish descent.
- Toned physique
- Side-parted, shoulder-length, straight hair
- Affable smile
- Radiant face
Magda has been sponsored by –
- Nike, Inc. (American multinational footwear, apparel, and sports equipment brand)
- Babolat (French tennis, badminton, and padel equipment company)
- Joma (Spanish sports clothing manufacturer)
- Adidas AG (German multinational corporation that designs and manufactures shoes, clothing, and accessories)
- The Wilson Sporting Goods Company (American sports equipment manufacturer)
Magda Linette Favorite Things
- Tennis Shot – Backhand
- Tennis Surfaces – Hard, Grass
- Tennis Tournament/Event – Roland Garros (French Open)
- Tennis Idol/Role Model – Monica Seles
Source – WTA Tennis
Magda Linette Facts
- In February 2020, Magda won the Hua Hin Championships in Thailand, the second singles title of her career on the WTA Tour. Consequently, she had reached a new career-high singles world ranking of 33.
- In December 2020, she was honored by the WTA with the ‘Fan Favorite Shot of the Year’ award, for a sliced forehand that she had played in the 2nd round (against Peng Shuai) of the aforementioned Hua Hin Championships.
- At the 2021 edition of the French Open, she was up against top seed and then world number 1 Ashleigh Barty in the 2nd round. Magda was leading 6–1, 2–2 when Ashleigh retired which gave Magda her first win over a player ranked in the ‘Top 10’ of the official WTA singles rankings.
- In the doubles format of the 2021 edition of the French Open, Magda reached the semi-final of a Grand Slam (Australian Open/French Open/Wimbledon Championship/US Open) tournament for the first time in her career. As of September 2022, this remains the only instance of her going past the 3rd round of a Grand Slam tournament, singles or doubles.
- In April 2022, she won successive 3-set matches in one day to reach the quarter-final of the Charleston Open. She first upset 7th seed Leylah Fernandez in the 2nd round in 2 hours and 36 minutes before returning to defeat Kaia Kanepi in the 3rd round in 2 hours and 1 minute.
Featured Image by Magda Linette / Instagram