|Marc Albrighton Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||November 18, 1989|
Marc Albrighton is known for his solid and consistent performances as a winger in the Premier League for about a decade. His time in the English top flight has been divided between Aston Villa and Leicester City. His stint with the latter proved particularly fruitful for him as he won the Premier League title in the 2015-16 season.
Marc Kevin Albrighton
Tamworth, Staffordshire, England, United Kingdom
Marc Albrighton honed his game and skills at the youth academy of Aston Villa.
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Carol Albrighton
- Siblings – Unknown
Marc Albrighton is represented by Tim Webb.
12 – Aston Villa, Leicester City
33 – Wigan Athletic
11 – Leicester City
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
67 kg or 147.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Marc Albrighton has dated –
- Chloe Fulford – Marc Albrighton is in a relationship with Chloe Fulford, who works as a teacher. They are reported to be childhood sweethearts and as per the media reports, they have got engaged as well. Chloe gave birth to their daughter, Matilda Beau, on February 19, 2012.
Race / Ethnicity
Marc Albrighton has signed a personal endorsement deal with Nike and as per the clauses of the deal, he is required to wear Nike footwear for his professional matches.
Best Known For
Having played in the English Top Flight for nearly a decade during which he has played for prestigious teams such as Aston Villa and Leicester City
First Soccer Match
In February 2009, he made his professional debut with Aston Villa in the UEFA Cup match against CSKA Moscow.
In August 2009, Albrighton made his English top-flight debut in Villa‘s match against Wigan Athletic. He was sent in as a substitute on the 68th minute in his team’s 2-0 defeat.
In August 2014, he made his first appearance for Leicester City in a Premier League match against Chelsea. He came in for Riyad Mahrez, late in the 2nd half in a 2-0 defeat.
- Defensive work rate
- Through balls
- Positional awareness
- Defensive contribution
- Aerial duels
First TV Show
In 2011, Marc Albrighton made his first TV show appearance on the sports talk show, Match of the Day.
Marc Albrighton Favorite Things
- Role Models – David Ginola, Benito Carbone, Robert Pirès
Source – Wikipedia
Marc Albrighton Facts
- He started his soccer journey at his hometown club Mile Oak Monarchs.
- He was offered by Monarchs to West Bromwich Albion but the West Midlands club decided to reject him.
- Eventually, he joined Aston Villa at the age of 8. He progressed through the youth teams and reserve team at Villa to start his professional career.
- In October 2010, he scored his first professional goal for Aston Villa in a Premier League match against Tottenham Hotspur.
- He received the first red card of his professional career in a League Cup match against Burnley.
- In November 2010, he signed a contract extension with Villa to extend his stay at the club until 2014.
- He had to undergo appendix surgery in November 2010, which forced him to miss professional matches for around 4 weeks.
- In December 2011, he became a part of the Premier League history as he scored league’s 20,000th goal in a home match against Arsenal. For his achievement, he was given a £20,000 cheque from league sponsor Barclays. The cheque was donated to his preferred charity, Acorns Children’s Hospice.
- In May 2014, he was released from his contract by Aston Villa. During his stint with the English club, he made 101 appearances and scored 9 goals in those appearances.
- He joined Leicester City in May 2014 after signing a 4-year contract. The newly promoted club believed that Albrighton would play a key role in their bid to avoid relegation.
- In April 2015, he scored his first goal for Leicester City in a league match against Chelsea at King Power Stadium. However, the match ended in a 3-1 defeat for his team.
- In the 2015-16 season, the new manager Claudio Ranieri made him a key member of his team and stationed him on the left of the midfield. He played in every match of the league campaign.
- His top-notch crossing and defensive work rate played a key role in his side’s stunning and historic Premier League victory in the 2015-16 season. It was Leicester City‘s first English top-flight title.
- In August 2016, the club management moved to secure his long-term commitment to the club by signing a 4-year extension with him.
- After Claudio Ranieri was sacked by the Leicester City management, the media reported that Albrighton was one of the senior team players who had met with chairman Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha to request Ranieri’s sacking.
- Albrighton released a public statement refuting all the media reports and insisted that he had no role in Ranieri’s removal from his position as the team manager.
- Follow Marc Albrighton on Twitter.
Featured Image by Goal: 500 Followers / Instagram