Riyad’s educational background is not known.
- Father – Ahmed Mahrez (Former Algerian Footballer) (Died when Mahrez was 15 years old)
- Mother – His mother is of Moroccan descent.
- Siblings – Unknown
Mahrez is signed with Mondial Sport.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
70 kg or 154 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
In August 2015, Riyad Mahrez married English model Rita Johal. Together, they have a daughter Inaya (b. 2015).
Race / Ethnicity
Riyad has Moroccan ancestry.
- Black hair
- Not very muscular
Riyad’s body specifications may be –
- Chest – 37 in or 94 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 14 in or 35½ cm
- Waist – 31 in or 79 cm
Riyad is sponsored by Nike.
Best Known For
Being a great team player and very efficient winger. Mahrez is also known for his powerful left legged shots and for possessing a great football technique.
First Football Match
Mahrez debuted for Leicester City on January 25, 2014 in a 2-0 success over Middlesbrough.
Riyad played his first Premier League match as a member of Leicester on August 16, 2014 against Burnley.
On May 31, 2014, he had his national team debut in a friendly match against Armenia.
- Long Shots
Mahrez has no significant weaknesses.
Riyad has not acted in a movie yet.
First TV Show
Other than football matches itself, Mahrez has not appeared in a television show.
Knowing the fact that the Algerian international is not very muscular, we can make a conclusion that he is not visiting the gym for weight training. His body composure is small, without any huge lats, big chest or arm muscles to be noticed.
Maybe that’s Riyad’s key to success, who knows. The only thing we can do is keep on guessing how his exercises look like and try to improvise.
We recommend you to take a look at the following videos, which may help you to improve your core and leg strength which are essential elements for a powerful athleticism.
Riyad Mahrez Favorite Things
- Favorite Football Skill – Step-Overs
Source – PlayStationSchoolsCup.com
Riyad Mahrez Facts
- His father Ahmed was an Algerian.
- As a kid, he spent most of the holidays in Algeria.
- While he was young, Mahrez had trouble finding a club because most of them would reject him due to his weak build, and for not being athletic enough. However after some time of training, Riyad managed to attract their attention because of his football technique.
- In 2004, Riyad enrolled himself into the French youth team AAS Sarcelles.
- In 2009, he shifted to a club named Quimper. During his stay with the team, he lived together with the Guinean international footballer Mathias Pogba, the older brother of Paul Pogba.
- Mahrez moved to the French club Le Havre in 2010. At first, he was a part of Le Havre’s second team before he became a part of their first team which competed in the second French league.
- At first, Mahrez thought that Leicester City is a rugby club.
- On January 11, 2014, Riyad joined Leicester after he signed a deal for three and a half years.
- In August 2015, Mahrez extended his contract with Leicester for four more years.
- He and his fellow Jamie Vardy were described by the Italian manager Claudio as priceless.
- In January 2016, Mahrez became one of the top 50 most valuable players in Europe. His market value went all the way from 4.5 million to 30.1 million British pounds.
- As a child, he visited a barbershop located in a Sarcelles, a commune located 16.3 kilometers from the center of Paris. Nowadays, fans from all over the world would visit the shop and ask for Mahrez’s haircut.
- In April 2016, Mahrez was named in the PFA Team of the Year. During the same month, he was awarded PFA Players’ Player of the Year.
- He won the 2015-2016 Premier League trophy with Leicester City.
- Follow Mahrez on his Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.