|Lokesh Kanagaraj Quick Info
|5 ft 7 in
|Date of Birth
|March 14, 1986
Lokesh Kanagaraj is an Indian former bank employee turned film director, writer, and screenwriter who is predominantly known for his work in the Tamil film industry. On the other hand, he is well-recognized for having directed the films Kaithi (2019) and Vikram (2022) under Lokesh Cinematic Universe.
Kinathukadavu, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India
He completed his schooling at PHSS-Palaniammal Higher Secondary School, Kaliyapuram, Tamil Nadu.
Lokesh majored in Fashion Technology at PSG College of Arts and Science. Later, he went on to pursue his Master of Business Administration.
Film Director, Writer, Screenwriter, Former Bank Employee
- Siblings – He is said to be one of 4 brothers.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Lokesh has dated –
- Aishwarya – Lokesh is married to a woman named Aishwarya.
Race / Ethnicity
- His curly hairstyle and thin mustache
Lokesh Kanagaraj Favorite Things
- Films Of All-Time – Satya, GoodFellas, The Departed, Infernal Affairs, Django Unchained,
Source – YouTube
Lokesh Kanagaraj Facts
- He was born and raised in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu.
- Professionally, Lokesh is a bank employee.
- Lokesh got his first opportunity to pursue his passion for filmmaking at a corporate short film competition with his film Kalam which was judged by director Karthik Subbaraj. It is said that Karthik was the one to motivate him to continue his passion for filmmaking.
- He made his directorial feature film debut in 2017, with the film Maanagaram. Since then, Lokesh has gone on to direct a number of other films including Kaithi, Master, and Vikram.
- Over the years, Lokesh has won a number of awards which include a 10th Vijay Awards for “Best Debut Director” in Maanagaram and a Zee Tamil Cine Award for Favourite Director in Kaithi.
- His film Vikram was the highest-grossing Tamil film of 2022.
- He received a Lexus car ES300H from actor Kamal Haasan as a gift in June 2022.
- In August 2023, he purchased a BMW 7 series car worth more than ₹1.5 crore.
Featured Image By Silverscreen Media Inc. / CC BY-SA 3.0