|Vishal Bhardwaj Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||August 4, 1965|
Vishal Bhardwaj is an Indian film and music director, screenwriter, producer, music composer, and playback singer noted for his outstanding contributions to Hindi Cinema.
Chandpur Village, Near Bijnor, Uttar Pradesh, India
He has had homes in Mussoorie, Uttarakhand, India and in Mhada Complex, Andheri West, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
He did his schooling in Najibabad until class 5 and then in Meerut. He completed his graduation from the Hindu College, University of Delhi.
Film Director, Music Director, Screenwriter, Producer, Music Composer, Playback Singer
- Father – Ram Bhardwaj (Sugarcane Inspector, Poet, Film Lyricist)
- Mother – Satya Bhardwaj (Homemaker)
- Siblings – He had an older brother, who struggled to become a film producer and later passed away in 1995.
He is represented by What Works.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
85 kg or 187.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Vishal has dated –
- Rekha Bhardwaj (1991-Present) – He married singer Rekha Bhardwaj in 1991.
Race / Ethnicity
Salt and Pepper Hair
- Pleasant smile
Vishal Bhardwaj Favorite Things
- Food – Bengali “Mishti Doi”
- Actor To Work With – Shah Rukh Khan
- Source Of Sustenance During Struggling Period – His friends, Meditation
- Books – All good literature including classics
- Films – Kapurush (1965), Decalogue (1989), Ship of Theseus (2013), Queen (2014), Highway (2014)
- Filmmaker – Satyajit Ray, Krzysztof Kieślowski
- Playwright – William Shakespeare
- Sports – Cricket, Tennis
- Refuge – His home in the Himalayas, in Mussoorie
- Childhood Influences – Subhash Ghai and Manmohan Desai’s Films, Movies like Amar Akbar Anthony (1977) and Suhaag (1979)
- Treasures And Encourages – Good books
- Revelation – Spirituality is attaining peace with one’s inner self
Vishal Bhardwaj Facts
- He has experimented with several genres even while operating within the prototype of mainstream Bollywood films.
- He met the Oscar-winning Indian film director, lyricist, and poet Gulzar at a sweets store in Delhi in the 1980s. That incident proved to be life-changing for Vishal, paving the way to his well-known collaborations with the legend, who always opted for Vishal’s music in his directorial ventures such as Maachis (1996).
- Vishal has been drawn to William Shakespeare’s works. This has been due to the unique characterization and dramatic element, focusing on the psyche of human beings – all so useful in creating compelling scripts for his movies that are relatable to the audience.
- He has adapted numerous Shakespeare’s tragedies such as Macbeth for his film Maqbool (2003), Othello for Omkara (2006) and Hamlet for Haider (2014).
- Vishal has presented unique women characters, depicting them as powerful, which had hitherto been rare in Bollywood such as his adaptation of Lady Macbeth into the intriguing mistress Nimmi in Maqbool (2003).
- He is friends with author Ruskin Bond, actors Manoj Bajpayee, Ashish Vidyarthi, Piyush Mishra, and director Hansal Mehta.
- Vishal has created films with and for children. He made his directorial debut with the Indian comedy horror film Makdee (2002) which was promoted as The Web Of The Witch in English. He also directed The Blue Umbrella (2005) based on Ruskin Bond’s novel of the same name.
- His directorial work includes hits like Kaminey (2009), 7 Khoon Maaf (2011), Matru Ki Bijli Ka Mandola (2013), Pataakha (2018), etc.
- He has written and produced successful movies like Ishqiya (2010) and its sequel Dedh Ishqiya (2014), and Talvar (2015).
- Vishal has composed music for numerous films and has also done playback singing for movies such as Omkara (2006).
- He has often used human vocals as instruments combined with his music such as the popular “Dhan-Te-Nan” song in Kaminey (2009).
- Vishal has been honored with numerous National Film Awards and has also received international awards.
Featured Image by Krimuk2.0 / Wikipedia / CC BY-SA 4.0