|Marc-André ter Stegen Quick Info
|6 ft 1½ in
|Date of Birth
|April 30, 1992
Marc-André ter Stegen is a German professional footballer who is best known for his career as a goalkeeper for La Liga club Barcelona and the Germany national team. He is considered as one of the best goalkeepers and is known for his passing, reflexes, and ball-playing ability. He has also played for Borussia Mönchengladbach in the past. During the course of his career, Marc has won several tournaments such as La Liga, UEFA Super Cup, FIFA Club World Cup, Supercopa de España, UEFA Champions League, FIFA Confederations Cup, and has been the recipient of honors like “Bundesliga Goalkeeper of the Season”.
Marc-André ter Stegen
- Father – Erich Kaus
- Mother – Renate Kaus
- Siblings – Jean-Marcel ter Stegen (Brother)
Ter Stegen is signed with Coaches & More GmbH.
6 ft 1½ in or 187 cm
85 kg or 187 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Marc-Andre ter Stegen dated –
- Daniela Jehle (2012-Present) – In 2012, Ter Stegen started dating Daniela Jehle. The couple later got married and welcomed a son named Ben on December 28, 2019.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Dutch descent.
Green with a hint of blue
- Blonde hair
- Blue-Green eyes
Marc-Andre has signed a sponsorship contract with Adidas.
Best Known For
Winning La Liga, Copa del Rey, and UEFA Champions League titles all in one season (2014-2015) as a member of FC Barcelona.
First Football Match
On April 10, 2011, Ter Stegen debuted for Borussia Monchengladbach in a match against FC Koln.
Marc-Andre had his debut for FC Barcelona on September 17, 2014 in a match against APOEL.
On May 26, 2012, Ter Stegen first played for senior national team of Germany in a friendly loss to Switzerland.
- Long Passing
- Saving long shots
First TV Show
Other than football matches itself, Ter Stegen has been seen in the TV series documentary Das aktuelle Sportstudio (2012-2014) in 2 episodes as himself.
Marc-André Ter Stegen Facts
- Ter Stegen started playing football in the youth categories of Borussia Monchengladbach.
- During the 2010-2011 season with Monchengladbach, Ter Stegen was the star of the reserve team. He was also added to the first-team squad in several matches but eventually did not get a chance to play.
- On January 6, 2014, he refused to extend his contract with Monchengladbach as he was previously linked with the Spanish club FC Barcelona.
- On May 22, 2014, Ter Stegen penned a new five-year deal with FC Barcelona worth 12 million euros with the buyout clause set at 80 million euros.
- He was the winner of “Best Save” award for his save against Bayern Munich in the second match of the UEFA Champions League semi-final.
- He won the UEFA European U-17 Championship with Germany.
- Ter Stegen was seen in Euro 2016 as a reserve goalkeeper of Germany.