|Marina Ruy Barbosa Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5¾ in|
|Date of Birth||June 30, 1995|
|Spouse||Alexandre Sarnes Negrão|
Marina Ruy Barbosa is a Brazilian actress who is known for playing various major roles in the telenovelas like Começar de Novo and Belíssima. The red-haired actress shot up to fame by playing the role in telenovela Império for which she won the Contigo Television Award for Best Supporting Actress. She has participated in many campaigns for social welfare. Barbosa has also won numerous awards for her superior acting skills and for her style sense. Marina is extremely popular on social media with more than 28 million followers on Instagram and over 2.5 million followers on Twitter.
Marina Souza Ruy Barbosa
Gávea, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Father – Paulo Ruy Barbosa
- Mother – Geoconda de Souza
- Siblings – She is the only child.
5 ft 5¾ in or 167 cm
59 kg or 130 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Marina has dated –
- Klebber Toledo (2011-2014) – Marina started dating her co-star Klebber Toledo in 2011. The couple worked together in telenovela Morde & Assopra. In 2011, soon after they had started dating, the duo was nominated for Capricho Award in the Best Real Couple category. After over 3 years of togetherness, she officially ended her relationship with Klebber Toledo on August 17, 2014.
- Caio Nabuco (2014-2015) – Barbosa met entrepreneur Caio Nabuco through a mutual friend Valentina Drummond. They dated for a year before separating in 2015.
- Alexandre Sarnes Negrão (2016-Present) – Marina first met entrepreneur Alexandre Sarnes Negrão in December 2015 in Fernando de Noronha, Brazil on the New Year’s Eve. Soon after their first meeting, the couple started dating in the early months of 2016. They got engaged on July 10, 2016. After 6 months of their engagement, they officially tied the knot and got married on October 7, 2017. They can be seen together in many of her Instagram posts.
Race / Ethnicity
She prefers to dye her hair in shades of ‘brown’ and ‘blonde’.
- Freckled face
She has appeared in the TV commercials for –
She has endorsed these brands through her Instagram account –
- LIVE ULTIMATE
Best Known For
- Being cast in various roles on the TV shows like Total Dreamer (2015), Empire (2014), and Written in the Stars (2010)
- Portraying major roles in the telenovelas like Começar de Novo and Belíssima
She made her theatrical film debut as Milla in the adventure film Xuxa and the Lost City Treasure in 2004.
First TV Show
Marina made her first TV show appearance as Marie on the romantic drama series Sabor da Paixão in 2002.
Feeling uncomfortable with her previously thin body, Marina started her fitness journey by taking Muay Thai classes under the guidance of her personal trainer Lincoln Cavalcanti. She often trains with her husband
The actress gives all the credit to her husband who warned her about the consequences of consuming junk food like soda, chocolates, and pizza. He also encouraged her to eat a healthy diet and helped her to take full advantage of her fast metabolism.
So, she started eating a healthy diet and started avoiding junk food gradually by taking smaller steps like replacing candy with carob and fruits and drank soda only on the weekends. She is a big fan of Italian food but she resists to eat junk food and tries to follow her diet properly and also avoids carbs in dinner and replaces it with a salad having chicken or fish.
Marina Ruy Barbosa Facts
- She played a role in the telenovela Totalmente Demais in 2015 which later won an International Emmy for the Best Telenovela.
- Marina has become a style icon and has been listed constantly as one of the most elegant women in Brazil.
- In 2015, she became one of the Top 25 Celebrities of Brazil listed in the Brazilian issue of Forbes magazine.
- From May 2015 to July 2015, she was the celebrity with the 2nd highest appearances in the commercials which were aired on broadcast TV in Brazil.
- As per the ranking of the Competition Control in 2015, Marina became the 9th Brazilian celebrity who was featured in the most TV ads.
- Marina is the great-great-great-granddaughter of writer, jurist, and politician, Ruy Barbosa from Bahía.
- She had to take Swedish language classes for her role as Mylla in the film Xuxa e o Tesouro da Cidade Perdida (2004).
- Marina made her first appearance in children’s theater as the protagonist in the play Chapeuzinho Vermelho – O Musical on March 5, 2005.
- In the later months of 2007, she took part in the first edition of the competition Dança das Crianças, shown on Domingão do Faustão. But, she was the first participant who got eliminated from the show.
- Marina co-hosted a program called TV Globinho in 2009.
- In 2012, she was invited by the author Elizabeth Jhin to play the character of Juliana Petrini in the soap opera Amor Eterno Amor.
- When Barbosa graced the April 2012 edition of NOVA magazine, she became the youngest actress to do so. She was 16 at that time. She reappeared on the magazine cover in June 2013.
- She was voted as one of the 25 sexiest women of Brazil by ISTOÉ Gente magazine in September 2012.
- On December 18, 2013, Barbosa also graced the cover of Quem magazine and was also voted as one of the best-dressed women of Brazil in 2013.
- Marina won the Contigo Award at the age of 19 and hence, became the youngest actress to win the award.
- She was chosen as one amongst the five best dressed Brazilian celebrities of 2014 by Vogue.
- In the magazines Época and Forbes Brazil, she was titled as one of the most influential Brazilians of 2014.
- In 2014, Marina was 19 when she became the crowned queen of traditional Carnaval ball at the Copacabana Palace and also became the youngest crowned queen in the history of the event.
- Marina has also written a book called Inspirações – uma seleção afetiva de reflexões e poemas (Inspirations – an effective selection of reflection and poems).
- Barbosa is very fond of animals and also supported the animal adoption campaign “Adotei” (“I have adopted”) in December 2013.
- She rescues animals, mostly stray cats, by keeping them at her home until she finds someone who would adopt them.
- Marina has also supported various philanthropic campaigns like the Brazilian Institute for Cancer Control (IBCC), Friends of Children with Cancer (AMICCA), and the Brazilian Association of Lymphoma and Leukemia (ABRALE).
- In November 2013, she was announced as the star of the campaign by the National Day Against Cancer Children and Youth, “Golden November”, which was promoted by the Ronald McDonald Institute.
- She had to cut 30 cm of her hair for her role as Maria Isis in Império which she contributed to the NGO named Cabelegria. The NGO makes hairpieces for cancer patients who have lost their hair during treatment.
- Follow her on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
Featured Image by Marina Ruy Barbosa / Instagram