|Mark Ruffalo Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||November 22, 1967|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Mark Ruffalo is an American actor and environmental activist who is best known for portraying roles such as Matt Flamhaff in 13 Going on 30, Stan in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Agent Dylan Rhodes in Now You See Me, and Bruce Banner / Hulk in The Avengers, Avengers: Infinity War, Captain Marvel, Avengers: Endgame, as well as Iron Man 3. He has also appeared in a variety of other TV shows and films such as Mirror, Mirror II: Raven Dance, The Dentist, The Last Big Thing, View from the Top, Just like Heaven, Chicago 10, Where the Wild Things Are, Shutter Island, Begin Again, Dark Waters, The Adam Project, She-Hulk: Attorney at Law, Sesame Street, I Know This Much Is True, and many more. His theatre credits include plays like This is Our Youth and The Price. For his acting skills, Mark has been honored with several awards such as the The British Academy Britannia Award, Golden Globe Award, Primetime Emmy Award, and Screen Actors Guild Award.
Mark Alan Ruffalo
Kenosha, Wisconsin, U.S.
New York City, U.S.
Mark went to both Catholic and Progressive schools.
Mark graduated from First Colonial High School in Virginia Beach, Virginia.
Ruffalo has also taken acting classes from Stella Adler Conservatory in New York.
Actor, film producer, activist, film director, humanitarian
- Father – Frank Lawrence Ruffalo, Jr (Construction Painter)
- Mother – Marie Rose (née Hebert) (Hairdresser, Stylist)
- Siblings – Tania (Sister), Nicole (Sister), Scott (Brother) (Died in 2008)
Brillstein Entertainment Partners
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
72 kg or 159 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Mark started dating actress Sunrise Coigney in December 1999. He married her in June 2000 and has three children now – son Keen (b. 2001), and daughters Bella Noche (b. 2005) and Odette (b. 2007).
Race / Ethnicity
Mark has Italian ancestry on his father’s side while he is of 50% French Canadian and 50% Italian descent on his mom’s side.
Often plays characters of likable everyman types
In 1989, Mark appeared in a TV commercial for Clearasil Double Clear.
Best Known For
Playing Dr. Bruce Banner / Hulk in the superhero film The Avengers film series.
He first appeared in the 1992 short film Rough Trade for his role as Hank.
First TV Show
In 1989, Mark appeared in just one episode of the anthology series CBS Summer Playhouse for his role as Michael Dunne.
Mark Ruffalo definitely works on his fitness and diet whenever he plays Hulk. He was on a 21-day diet where he was not allowed to have dairy, meat, sugar, caffeine, wine, sex, love, fun, etc. It was like a jail to him. He was only eating 1 meal a day with 2 shakes. That’s it.
He also makes changes in his exercise schedule and starts doing calming exercises to play Hulk.
Mark Ruffalo Favorite Things
- Italian Food – Eggplant Parmigiana
- Book – I Know This Much Is True (By Wally Lamb)
- Avenger (Not Counting Hulk) – Black Widow
- Lullaby – Frere Jacques
- Dessert – Banana Cream Pie
- Superhero – Hulk (as a child), Wolverine (as an adult)
- Pokemon – Squirtle
Source – AMA, ComicsAlliance
Mark Ruffalo Facts
- Mark was raised in a big family.
- His dad was a three-time wrestling champion at his high school level. Due to that, Mark also participated in wrestling tournaments when he was in junior high and high school.
- Mark was raised in three different faiths – Catholicism, evangelicalism, and his dad was a Baha’i.
- In his life, Mark has struggled with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and dyslexia.
- He describes himself as a happy kid and grew up in a family with ample amount of love.
- Mark has co-founded Orpheus Theatre Company.
- He has worked as a bartender for almost 10 years.
- Mark is deaf from his left ear due to a brain tumor (acoustic neuroma) of which he was diagnosed in 2001.
- In 2008, Mark’s brother, Scott was found outside his home in Beverly Hills with a bullet wound to the head. He died after almost a week.
- Mark supports LGBTQ+ rights.
- According to Mark, if you are not yelling at your children, that means, you are not spending sufficient time with them.
- During the 2021 Golden Globes, he was awarded the “Best Actor – Miniseries or Television Film” award for his work in the drama miniseries, I Know This Much Is True.
You do know he wasn’t being serious when he said no sex, love or fun, right?