|Mason Musso Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||March 17, 1989|
Mason Musso is an American singer, songwriter, and musician, best known as the lead singer and guitarist of the pop rock band Metro Station alongside Trace Cyrus, the older brother of the singer Miley Cyrus. They met in 2006, after both Mason’s brother Mitchel, and Trace’s sister had lead roles in the TV series Hannah Montana (2006-2011), and quickly decided to form their band. Their debut EP album, The Questions We Ask at Night was self-released in 2006, after which Columbia Records took notice of their performance and signed them. They recorded and released their debut studio album entitled Metro Station on September 18, 2007. In 2009, Mason and his band released 2nd EP titled Kelsey but in March 2010, after a personal dispute, they disbanded.
While both Trace and Mason went on to work on separate projects, Trace let him acquire rights to the band’s name, and Mason released a track titled Ain’t So High on YouTube on May 31, 2011. 2 former members of Metro Station joined Mason, and together, they released a song titled Closer and Closer on September 25, 2011, as well as an EP Middle of the Night in 2013. On August 13, 2014, Trace Cyrus joined the band once again, and they released an EP titled Gold on October 14, 2014, and then their 2nd studio album Savior on June 30, 2015. After numerous tours, and an EP Bury Me My Love which dropped on September 8, 2017, the band officially disbanded. Mason Musso has a loyal fanbase of more than 100k followers on Twitter.
Mason Tyler Musso
Dallas, Texas, United States
Santa Monica, California, United States
His educational history is unknown.
Singer, Musician, Songwriter
- Father – Samuel Musso
- Mother – Katherine (née Moore) Musso
- Siblings – Mitchel Musso (Younger Brother) (Actor), Marc Musso (Younger Brother) (Actor)
- Others – Samuel “Sammie” Musso (Paternal Grandfather), Barbara Katy Labarba (Paternal Grandmother), John Garlin Moore (Maternal Grandfather), Marion Ray Baker (Maternal Grandmother), Joe Musso (Paternal Grand-Grandfather), Annie Paternostro (Paternal Grand-Grandmother), Ernest Anthony Labarba (Paternal Grand-Grandfather), Doris Evelyn Whitley (Paternal Grand-Grandmother), George Washington Moore (Maternal Grand-Grandfather), Ruth Spears (Maternal Grand-Grandmother), Raymond Lee Baker (Maternal Grand-Grandfather), Mae Dell St. Clair (Maternal Grand-Grandmother)
Mason is represented by TalentWorks.
Pop Rock, Pop, Emo Pop, Synth-Pop, Electro Pop, Alternative Rock
Vocals, Keyboards, Bass Guitar, Guitar
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
82 kg or 181 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Mason Musso has dated –
- Chelsea Kay – The two have had an encounter in the past.
- Nicole Jane White (2009) – Mason and Nicole Jane White were rumored to dating after they were seen together on pictures on social media in 2009.
- Eliza Heiman (2017) – Their relationship can be traced back to a social media post on Valentine’s Day in 2017 when the two went on a date to the Santa Monica Pier in Santa Monica, California. Just like in his previous relationships, Mason likes to keep his dating life away from the public’s eye.
Race / Ethnicity
Mason is of English/British and Italian (Sicilian) descent.
- Stubble facial hair
- Slicked back haircut
Mason Musso has appeared in several TV commercials for Nickelodeon, and catalogs for J. C. Penney.
Best Known For
- Being the lead singer and guitarist for the pop rock band Metro Station between 2006 and 2010, and between 2011 and 2017
- Releasing 2 studio albums – Metro Station (2007), Savior (2015), and 5 EP albums – The Questions We Ask at Night (2006), Kelsey (2009), Middle of the Night (2013), Gold (2014), and Bury Me My Love (2017)
- Having a minor role in the TV series Arrested Development (2004) as a student, and starring as himself in series Boogie (2009), Hit the Road (2009), and Xposé (2009)
As a part of the pop rock band Metro Station, Mason Musso released his debut studio album titled Metro Station on September 18, 2007. It consisted of 10 tracks – Seventeen Forever, Wish We Were Older, Now that We’re Done, True to Me, Control, Kelsey, Shake It, Tell Me What to Do, Disco, and California. The most prominent single, Shake It, peaked at number 10 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart and charted highly outside the United States. The single was certified ‘Gold’ by the RIIA on June 13, 2008, achieved a certified ‘Platinum’ status, and then 2x ‘Platinum’ in late January 2009.
First TV Show
Mason Musso made his first TV show appearance as a Student in an episode titled Altar Egos of the comedy series Arrested Development in 2004. However, he was uncredited for his role.
He made his credited TV show debut as himself on Good Morning America in 2008.
Mason Musso Favorite Things
- Activities – Scuba Diving, Swimming, Sunbathing, Reading
- Animal – Dog
Mason Musso Facts
- He was born in a very artistically-inclined family. Both of his brothers were child actors, but he strived towards music.
- He credits being surrounded by people that had the same dreams and goals early on for helping him unlock his creative potential.
- When his brother, Mitchel Musso, got the role of Oliver Oken in Disney’s Hannah Montana (2006-2011), the whole family had to move to Burbank, California, United States.
- Just to see how acting would feel, he had a one-line role in the TV series Arrested Development in 2004. Even though he wasn’t hooked, he admired his brothers’ success in that field.
- His band Metro Station recorded a song titled Where’s My Angel specifically for the feature-length movie Alice in Wonderland (2010) starring Johnny Depp, Anne Hathaway, and Helena Bonham Carter.
- The single from the band’s debut studio album, Shake It, was featured in the movie The House Bunny (2008), and TV series Dancing with the Stars (2010, 2013), and 20 to 1 (2010-2011).
- Mason said that in the past, his music was about partying and having a good time, but as he aged, it became a symbol for a lot of other things.
- Mason was a featured artist on the electronic single Let Me Go When You’re Ready by Bonsai Mammal, released on February 15, 2019.
- He also worked with the rapper b.LaY on singles It Comes From You, and Liion King, both released on February 20, 2019.
- Follow him on Instagram, Twitter, SoundCloud, and Last.fm.
Featured Image by Mason Musso / Instagram