|Saweetie Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||July 2, 1993|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Saweetie is an American rapper, singer, composer, and TV personality who is known for her flourishing musical career during which she has released a couple of extended plays and tracks like High Maintenance, Icy, Up Now, and Pissed. Moreover, she has also amassed a tremendous fan base on social media and enjoys more than 10 million followers on Instagram, more than 2 million subscribers on YouTube, more than 1 million followers on Twitter, and more than 1 million followers on Facebook.
Saweetie (name given by her grandmother)
Sacramento, Sacramento County, California, United States
California, United States
Saweetie studied at Monterey Trail High School located in Elk Grove, California and then got enrolled at the San Diego State University. However, she later got transferred to the University of Southern California and studied Communications and Business.
Rapper, Singer, Composer, TV Personality
- Siblings – Maya (Younger Sister), Milan (Younger Sister)
- Others – Willie Harper (Paternal Grandfather) (Football Linebacker for the San Francisco 49ers), Joanne Glass (Paternal Grandmother), John Glass (born John Washington) (Paternal Great Grandfather), Gloria G. Davis (Paternal Great Grandmother), Gabrielle Union (Cousin) (Actress, Voice Artist, Activist, Author)
Saweetie is represented by Artistry.
Icy Records, Warner Bros., Artistry Records
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
64 kg or 141 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Saweetie has dated –
- Keith Powers
- Justin Combs (2016-2017)
- Quavo (2018-2021) – She started going out with rapper, singer, composer, and record producer, Quavo, in the year 2018 and the duo has remained together for a long time since that time. They were often seen together during several public events. However, in March 2021, they had separated. They had also unfollowed each other on Instagram.
- YG (2023-Present) – In May 2023, Saweetie started dating rapper YG.
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (Black and Asian)
Saweetie is of African-American descent on her father’s side and has Filipino-Chinese roots on her mother’s side.
- Curvy physique
- Beauty spot on her cheek
Saweetie has done endorsement work for several brands such as Fenty Beauty, PrettyLittleThing, etc.
In 2021, she collaborated with McDonald’s for the launch of her special meal. “The Saweetie Meal” includes a Big Mac, medium fries, four-piece McNuggets, and a medium Sprite.
Saweetie Favorite Things
- Food – Costco hot dogs
- Some Of Her All-Time Favorite Rappers – The Notorious B.I.G., Drake, Tupac Shakur, Sean Combs, Murphy Lee
Source – YouTube
- She spent her childhood years in Hayward, California.
- She was 14 years old when she started writing music.
- On March 16, 2018, Saweetie released her debut extended play, High Maintenance, via Icy Records, Artistry Records, and Warner Bros. Records and it consisted of songs such as Icy Grl, Good Good, Too Many, 23, and Agua. The EP charted at number #32 in the US R&B/Hip-Hop Album Sales (Billboard) chart.
- Regarding the name of her EP, High Maintenance, she has said that it doesn’t only refer to designer things and added, “The relationships I have with people are very high maintenance, meaning I nurture them,” adding “Essentially, I care for them. I also pray a lot, work out, and eat well so all aspects of my life are high maintenance… Since it’s introductory to the game, I feel like it’s an appropriate way to brand myself.”
- Saweetie is a huge fan of the Sacramento Kings.
- Her song, My Type, has been certified ‘Platinum’ by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA).
- In 2020, she received a Birkin bag from Quavo after the success of her song “Back to the Streets”.
- Saweetie was included in the 2021 Forbes’ 30 Under 30 list of musicians.
- For Christmas 2020, she received a luxurious icy-blue-colored Bentley car from her then-boyfriend Quavo.
- In April 2021, Saweetie appeared in the remix of Gwen Stefani‘s track Slow Clap.
- In collaboration with Little Mix, Saweetie released a new song Confetti in April 2021.
- Saweetie runs her own non-profit charity, Icy Baby Foundation which aims at inspiring black, brown, and other underserved youth.
- On June 14, 2021, Saweetie launched her own Twitch account.
- In March 2022, Saweetie received the “Game Changer Award” at the 2022 Billboard Women in Music Awards.
Featured Image by Alfred Marroquin / Vimeo / CC BY 3.0