|Matt Cohen Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||September 28, 1982|
Matt Cohen is an American actor, producer, and director who burst into the limelight after playing the lead role of Aiden Dennison in the teen television drama series South of Nowhere (2005-2008). He gained further popularity by starring in several other TV shows like General Hospital (2016-2019) where he portrayed the part of Griffin Munro. He has appeared in numerous movies including Holiday Date (2019). Matt has also worked as a producer for 6 episodes of Cowgirl Up in 2013 and many more TV programs as well as movies for which he has been the director too, that has included the daytime soap opera Days of Our Lives that he began directing in 2020.
Matthew Joseph Cohen
Miami, Florida, United States
He went to American Heritage School from 2nd to 12th grade, graduating in 2001. He then went to Florida State University with Business as his subject.
Actor, Producer, Director
He is represented by Pakula King & Associates.
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Mandy Musgrave (2011-Present) – He tied the knot with Mandy on May 18, 2011. They have a son named Macklin Cohen (b. April 2015).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Ashkenazi Jewish descent.
He often tends to dye his hair in different shades.
- Expressive eyes
- Cleft chin
- Amusing expressions (intentional)
- Prominent Adam’s apple
He has endorsed or promoted several brands such as TAFT.
Matt Cohen Favorite Things
- Hobby – Gardening having enjoyed planting fruits and vegetables and learning about agriculture as he has loved the idea of being able to be sustainable and grow organic things for himself and his family
- Passion – Boxing having loved the competitiveness and the real and raw moment where the boxer is standing in the ring with no chance of being able to avoid what is in front
Source – ET Online
Matt Cohen Facts
- He used to play football and run track in high school.
- His father was part of the NASCAR Craftsman SuperTruck series, and before gaining stardom as an actor, Matt had worked in his father’s auto body shop. Matt has added that he had grown up racing motocross, go-karts, and stock cars.
- It was only for fun that Matt had decided to sign up for some theater classes. After completing college, he ended up shifting to Los Angeles in order to pursue acting.
- He has been grateful to have got the opportunity to star in the TV program Supernatural (2008, 2010, and 2015). He has disclosed that he has held a very special place in his heart for Michael and cannot wait to portray him again. As of February 2021, Matt has been the only actor to have played two Archangels on the television series.
- He has stated that he has not got star-struck by Hollywood celebrities. However, Matt can get totally captivated by boxers. Having boxed for many years, when he has seen Manny Pacquiao walk in a gym, his jaw has dropped from deep admiration as he has believed such stars to be the greatest gladiators in modern-day history.
Featured Image by Matt Cohen / Instagram