|Meredith Baxter Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||June 21, 1947|
Meredith Baxter is an American actress and producer who is best known for her portrayal of Meredith Baxter Birney on Family (1976–1980) and Family Ties (1982–1989). Other than that, Meredith is also known for her appearance as Betty Broderick on A Woman Scorned: The Betty Broderick Story (1992).
Meredith Ann Baxter
South Pasadena, California, United States
Meredith studied at James Monroe High School but later, she transferred to Hollywood High School.
While at Hollywood High, she attended Interlochen Center for the Arts to attain a major in voice. However, Meredith transferred back to Hollywood High School and graduated from there in 1965.
- Father – Tom Baxter (Radio Announcer)
- Mother – Whitney Blake (Actress, Director, Producer )
- Siblings – Richard (Older Brother), Brian (Older Brother)
- Others – Allan Manings (Step-Father) (Situation-Comedy Writer), Sophia (Niece), Bella (Niece), Eli (Nephew)
Meredith is represented by Marshak/Zachary/Mills Co.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
59 kg or 130 lbs
Boyfriend / Girlfriend / Spouse
Meredith has dated –
- Robert Lewis Bush (1996-1971) – The couple has 2 children a boy named Theodore Justin (b. May 10, 1967) and a daughter named Eva Whitney (b. August 6, 1969).
- David Birney (1974-1989) – She and actor David Birney have 3 children Kathleen Jeanne (b. December 5, 1974) and twins Mollie Elizabeth and Peter David Edwin (b. October 2, 1984).
- Michael Blodgett (1995-2000)
- Nancy Locke (2005-Present) – On December 8, 2013, Meredith married general contractor Nancy Locke.
Race / Ethnicity
- Sports a boy cut hairstyle
- Bright blue eyes
Meredith has appeared in the commercials for various brands including –
- Garden State Life
- Clairol Condition
- Consumer Cellular
Meredith Baxter Facts
- Her mother Whitney Blake was known for playing Dorothy Baxter on the sitcom Hazel (1961-1966).
- Her mother and father legally parted ways in 1953, after which she and her brothers were brought up in Pasadena by their mother.
- She and her co-star Michael Edward Gross from Family Ties were both born on June 21, 1947.
- Meredith made her debut TV show appearance as Millie on The Interns in 1971. However, it was not until 1972, when she was cast as Bridget Fitzgerald Steinberg in Bridget Loves Bernie that Meredith began to attain recognition in the entertainment industry.
- It was on December 2, 2009, that she came out about her sexuality in an interview with Matt Lauer on Today as well as on Sirius-XM OutQ 102. However, Meredith also stated in the interview that it was not until she started dating a woman in 2002, that she then knew why her relationships with men turned out to be unsuccessful every time.
- In 2011, Meredith published her book Untied: A Memoir of Family, Fame, and Floundering that revealed a dark time in her marriage with her co-star David Birney. She alleges emotional and physical abuse in the book. Also, she once stated that, in order to cope with stress, she had started to abuse the use of alcohol and continued to do so until her marriage with Birney ended in 1989.
- Meredith was diagnosed with breast cancer in 1999. However, since then, she has recovered completely. Later, she founded the Meredith Baxter Foundation for Breast Cancer Research.
Featured Image By Alan Light / Flickr / CC BY 2.0