|Meyers Leonard Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||February 27, 1992|
Meyers Leonard is an American professional basketball player who has played for the Miami Heat of the National Basketball Association (NBA) as well as with teams like Portland Trail Blazers and Illinois Fighting Illini.
Meyers Patrick Leonard
Woodbridge, Virginia, United States
He attended Robinson High School and the University of Illinois.
Professional Basketball Player
- Father – Jim Leonard (Golf Pro) (Killed in a freak bicycle accident)
- Mother – Tracie Leonard (Former athlete who would run upwards of 10 miles a day)
- Siblings – Bailey Leonard (Older Brother) (U.S. Marine who has served in Afghanistan), Chris Leonard (Older Brother)
7 ft or 213.5 cm
118 kg or 260 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Meyers Leonard has dated –
- Elle Bielfeldt (2011-Present) – He started going out with Elle Bielfeldt in the year 2011 and the duo then married on August 2, 2015. They have founded a sports bar company called Level Foods.
Race / Ethnicity
He has dyed his hair in shades like ‘gray’, etc.
- Towering height
- His “Blessed Forever” tattoo on his arms
He has done endorsement work for brands like CELSIUS Energy Drink and Coors Light.
Meyers Leonard Facts
- He was 6 years old when his father passed away.
- His mother once suffered a horseback injury whose treatment included a disc surgery that left her with crippling pain. She has been mostly housebound since her husband’s death.
- Meyers Leonard gained a surrogate family when he was in 2nd grade and Brian Siler, an insurance agent in Robinson who had a son of the same age, eventually became a father figure.
- According to Dana O’Neil of ESPN.com, “Looking to shoehorn the relationship into a convenient box, outsiders have called this Meyers’ version of The Blind Side, but the comparison is inaccurate. The book and subsequent movie tell the story of Michael Oher, a boy who was homeless and didn’t have much of family life. Meyers Leonard has a family. It has not abandoned him. On the contrary, Tracie loves her son, loves him so much that she was willing to accept help.”
- In December 2017, his dog Bella died of cancer.
Featured Image by Frenchieinportland / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0