|Michiel Huisman Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||July 18, 1981|
Michiel Huisman is a Dutch actor, voice actor, musician, singer, and songwriter who has worked in many Dutch and English language TV series and films. He is known for his television roles like Daario Naharis in the fantasy drama series Game of Thrones, Alex Sokolov in the black comedy mystery thriller series The Flight Attendant, Steven Crain in the supernatural horror drama miniseries The Haunting of Hill House, Sonny in the drama series Treme, Liam McGuinnis in the musical soap opera series Nashville, Cal Morrison in the science fiction thriller series Orphan Black, Hugo Biesterveld in the romantic comedy-drama series De co-assistent, Martijn Zwager in the romantic drama series Bloedverwanten, and Walter Davidson in the miniseries Harley and the Davidsons. Huisman has also been cast in movies like The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, The Age of Adaline, Black Book, The Ottoman Lieutenant, Wild, 2:22, Irreplaceable You, The Red Sea Diving Resort, The Other Lamb, The Invitation, The Young Victoria, Phileine Says Sorry, and The Last Right.
Amstelveen, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
New York City, New York, United States
Actor, Voice Actor, Musician, Singer, Songwriter
- Father – Dick Huisman
- Mother – Miryam
- Siblings – Dustin Huisman (Brother) (Former Professional Football Player)
- Others – Jacques Simon “Jack” Bles (Maternal Grandfather), Ernestine Bartfeld (Maternal Grandmother)
Huisman has been signed to –
- Conway Van Gelder Grant Ltd.
- United Talent Agency, Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
- Authentic Talent and Literary Management, Talent Management Company, Brooklyn, New York, United States
Who’s Next Records
His net worth had been $3 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft 0 in or 183 cm
180 lbs or 82 kg
Girlfriend / Spouse
Michiel Huisman has dated –
- Tara Elders – Michiel is married to the Dutch actress Tara Elders. They both appeared in the movie Phileine Says Sorry in 2003 and had their first kiss in one of the movie scenes. That actually was the official start of their love story. Michiel and Tara have one child, daughter Hazel Judith Huisman (born, June 9, 2007).
Race / Ethnicity
Michiel Huisman is of Dutch-Ashkenazi Jewish descent.
- Wavy hair
- Well sculpted body
Michiel appeared in the TV commercial “You’re the One That I Want” for Chanel No.5 in October 2014.
Best Known For
Huisman is best known for being the lead singer and guitarist of Fontane (a Dutch music band).
He is also known for appearing in various Dutch TV series, including Goede tijden, slechte tijden (1998), De co-assistent (2007 – 2010), Bloedverwanten (2010), and also in Dutch movies such as the Full Moon Party (2002), Floris (2004) and Black Book (2006).
Michiel gained even more popularity when he was selected to play the role of Daario Naharis in the popular TV series Game of Thrones in 2014.
Huisman’s first album is named Luchtige Verhalen and was released in 2005 by Who’s Next Records.
Michiel first appeared as Palmer in the TV movie Suzy Q in 1999.
However, he had his first featured role in the movie Costa! (2001) as Bart.
First TV Show
Michiel showed up in the episode Prettige feestdagen in the TV series Voor hete vuren in 1995.
Michiel Huisman Facts
- Michiel was a part of the music band Fontane together with Roland van der Hoofd, Bas van Geldere, Donny Griffioen and Gilles Tuinder. He was a singer and guitarist.
- When two active members of the band Fontane left, Huisman decided to start his own music career.
- He played the title role in the movie Floris (2004).
- Michiel showed up as Rob in the movie Black Book in 2006.
- Huisman replaced British actor, Ed Skrein to appear in the fourth season of the TV series Game Of Thrones in 2014.
- In 2015, Michiel was promoted to a regular actor (in a starring role) for season 5 of the series Game of Thrones.
- Michiel loves Jazz music.