|Mike Moh Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||August 19, 1983|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Mike Moh is an American actor and martial artist who is best known for portraying roles such as Bruce Lee in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, Triton in Inhumans, as well as Ryu in Street Fighter: Assassin’s Fist and Resurrection. He has also appeared in a variety of other TV shows and films such as Robin-B-Hood, Boogie, Killerman, 2 Broke Girls, House M.D., Supah Ninjas, True Blood, Empire, and many more. Mike is a 5th-degree black belt in American Taekwondo and is also the owner of Moh’s Martial Arts.
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
His family is based in Waunakee, a village near Wisconsin.
After completing his high school education, Mike Moh got enrolled at the Carlson School of Management at the University of Minnesota.
He had realized while doing a summer internship that corporate job won’t be best suited for him. But, he didn’t want to disappoint his parents and continued college education, eventually graduating with a bachelor’s degree in marketing.
Actor, martial artist, and stuntman
- Father – His father did mandatory army service in South Korea and served as a martial arts instructor to other soldiers.
Mike Moh is represented by Chicago-based Gray Talent Group, Inc.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
73 kg or 161 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Mike Moh has dated
- Richelle – Mike Moh first met his wife Richelle at the local Taekwondo school in Woodbury, Minnesota. When he joined the school, Richelle was his senior and had already earned her black belt. Just two years before his graduation from the university, he co-founded Taekwondo school Excel Martial Arts in St. Paul with Richelle and her mother. They had started dating around that time only. They got married shortly before they decided to move to Los Angeles to allow Mike a better shot at pursuing a career in Hollywood. In 2010, Richelle gave birth to a son, Chasen. In 2013, they welcomed their second child, a daughter Maya. She later gave birth to a son, Tysen.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of South Korean descent on both his parents’ sides.
Both his parents were born in South Korea and later immigrated to the United States.
- Athletic body
- Strong jawline
Mike Moh has appeared in a TV commercial for Geico.
He has done modeling work for other local and national brands as well, along with appearing in many TV adverts.
Best Known For
- Being cast in the role of Triton in the action adventure TV series, Inhumans, which has been set in Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- Having played the lead role as Ryu in the live action web series, film series, and TV series, named Street Fighter.
In 2006, Mike made his first film appearance in a minor role in Jackie Chan starrer action comedy flick, Robin-B-Hood.
First TV Show
In 2009, he made his TV show debut in a minor role in the action adventure series, Kamen Rider: Dragon Knight.
Joey Ansah, one of the creators of Street Fighter: Assassin’s Fist had asked Mike Moh to bulk up even before officially signing him up for the role in TV series. So, to make sure that he was prepared for the screen presence required from him, he hit the gym six days a week. To ensure that he wasn’t overtraining, he limited his workouts to 1 hour.
He focused on lifting heavy weights over low repetition range and with little rest in between. The aim was to shock his body that would help widen his frame. The focus was on lifting a heavy weight off the ground, which made powerlifting exercises such as squats, deadlifts, and shoulder presses an integral part of his workout.
He had single workout session for squats and deadlifts, another for chest and triceps, and a separate one for back and biceps.
See his workout videos on Instagram here and here.
When it came to diet, he was consuming 3000-4000 calories per day. He was eating as much as possible. Overall, he ate a lot of protein and a limited the amount of carbohydrates. He had to get up in the middle of the night to have mass gainer protein shakes.
Mike Moh Favorite Things
- Martial Arts Inspirations – Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan, Master Dave Niska (His first and only instructor)
- Martial Arts Movies – Rumble in The Bronx (1995), The Matrix (1999), Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (2000), Best of The Best (1989), The Karate Kid (1984), Flash Point (2007), Undisputed 2 (2006), Drunken Master 2 (1994), Hero (2002), Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990)
- Martial Arts Move – 720-degree hook kick
- Fruits – Oranges and bananas
- Superheroes – Superman and Ironman
- Music Artist – Jason Mraz
Source – Kung Fu Kingdom
Mike Moh Facts
- He started taking formal taekwondo classes at the age of 12 and used to spend all his evening time after school at the classes, which helped him earn his first black belt within two years of joining.
- While studying in college, he was working as a martial arts head instructor in Minnesota at a studio under ATA (American Taekwondo Association). He had to work 5 to 6 hours, six days a week.
- He also worked in ATA (American Taekwondo Association) demonstration team. It was during one such demonstration tour, he met Mike Chat, founder of the Xtreme Martial Arts (XMA) movement.
- Mike Chat told him about a requirement for Asian-American action guys for a Hong Kong based movie. Moh sent his tape in and within two weeks had grabbed a role in Robin-B-Hood.
- One of the reasons behind him getting cast for Ryu in Street Fighter: Assassin’s Fist was that he was suggested by fans on Facebook after the show producers had asked for their opinion for casting calls.
- He has done voiceover work in video games for characters such as Lo Wang in Shadow Warrior 3 (2022).
- In the past, Mike founded Moh’s Martial Arts in Waunakee, Wisconsin.
- While studying in high school, he was in the school choir.
Featured Image by Mike Moh / Instagram