|Milan Neil Amin-Smith Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||November 1, 1989|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Milan Neil Amin-Smith is a British musician, model, and TV personality, best known as one of the founding members of the electronic/house band Clean Bandit. He met and formed the band with Grace Chatto, Jack Patterson, and Luke Patterson in 2008. It wasn’t until December 2012 that they released their debut single, A+E, and Neil left the band in October 2016.
Milan Neil Amin-Smith
England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
Neil attended Westminster School in London, England, United Kingdom.
He graduated from Jesus College, University of Cambridge in Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, England, United Kingdom with a Bachelor of Arts in History. He also got the highest mark in his year when he earned his Master of Economics degree.
Musician, TV Personality, Model
- Mother – Paresha Amin (Painter)
- Siblings – Maya Amin-Smith (Sister) (Documentary Maker, Pianist, Mandolin Player, Band Member of Coach House Company)
Pop, Dance-Pop, Electropop, Electronic, House, Deep House, Classical Crossover
Violin, Piano, Guitar
- Atlantic Records (Former)
- Black Butter Records (Former)
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
76 kg or 167.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Milan Neil Amin-Smith has dated –
- Simon Amstell (2012-2013) – Rumor
- Olly Alexander (2014-2015)
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Gujarati descent.
He also dyed his hair ‘Red’ in the past.
- Tall height
- Athletic physique
- Greek nose
Milan Neil Amin-Smith has endorsed brands such as Microsoft Cortana (2014).
Milan Neil Amin-Smith Favorite Things
- Singers – Kwabs, Beverley Knight
- Music Genres – Late 1990s/Early 2000s R&B, U.K. Garage, Dance, Early Dubstep
Milan Neil Amin-Smith Facts
- Growing up, he tried to cling to the tiniest storylines in his favorite TV shows that included gay characters.
- Before he identified as gay, he found comfort in following a storyline that included gay characters John Paul McQueen and Craig Dean in the British soap opera Hollyoaks.
- After he earned his master’s degree, he was approached by both the Foreign Office and MI6 for a potential job.
- Neil was a part of the string quartet, Haringey Youth Musicians, with Grace Chatto. She found and recruited him via Facebook.
- Even though Neil stated Clean Bandit was not trying to emulate anyone in particular, he cited various influences. Those were artists such as MJ Cole and bands such as Radiohead and Artful Dodger.
- His band blew up in popularity after a station Radio One played their song Mozart’s House (2011).
- Neil played violin for the Clean Bandit‘s Grammy Award-winning single, Rather Be (2014), featuring Jess Glynne.
- In 2014, while still part of Clean Bandit, Neil also joined a supergroup Band Aid 30 as their violinist.
- He worked at the British House of Parliament as a parliamentary researcher in 2014.
- Neil appeared on the cover of the September 2016 issue of the Gay Times magazine.
- His band members suspected he was about to leave the band before he announced it. They noticed he only wanted to do 2 or 3 albums after they signed a recording deal.
- Neil liked the movie Little Women (2019) but didn’t understand why it was made. However, he found the actor Louis Garrel “the hottest.”
- He once joked that his true calling is to be an Instagram poet and write “soft, short, meaningless words.”
- He keeps a little box of memories under his bed. Those include postcards, polaroids, and things he’s received from fans or collected while touring. A majority of polaroids are with an all-female band, Little Mix.
- He speaks French and has lived in Paris for a period of time.
Featured Image by Milan Neil Amin-Smith / Instagram