|Miles Bridges Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||March 21, 1998|
Miles Bridges is an American professional basketball player who has represented the Charlotte Hornets (2018–2022), as a power forward / small forward, in the National Basketball Association (NBA). He was picked 12th overall in the 1st round, by the Los Angeles Clippers, at the 2018 NBA Draft. However, he was subsequently traded to the Charlotte Hornets in exchange for the pick before him.
Miles Emmanuel Bridges Sr.
Flint, Genesee County, Michigan, United States
Miles had attended the Woodland Park Academy in Grand Blanc Township, Michigan, at the middle school level. He later studied at the Flint Southwestern Academy in his hometown of Flint and competed for the school’s basketball team in his freshman season at the high school level.
Thereafter, he took a transfer to the Huntington Prep School, a basketball-focused college preparatory school in Huntington, West Virginia. After his high school graduation, he joined Michigan State University, a public land-grant research university in East Lansing, Michigan. There, between 2016 and 2018, he represented the Michigan State Spartans men’s basketball team.
Following the 3rd-seeded team’s upset defeat in the 2nd round of the 2018 NCAA (National Collegiate Athletic Association) men’s basketball tournament, Miles announced that he would forgo his final 2 seasons of collegiate eligibility and declare for the 2018 NBA Draft.
Professional Basketball Player
- Father – Raymond Bridges (Former Basketball Player)
- Mother – Cynthia Bridges
- Siblings – Tara Rushing (Sister)
Power Forward, Small Forward
0 – Charlotte Hornets
6 ft 7 in or 200.5 cm
102 kg or 225 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Miles has dated –
- Mychelle Johnson (2016-Present) – Miles began dating Mychelle Johnson in 2016 and the couple got married later. They have 2 children together – a son named Ace (b. October 2018) and a daughter named Ayla (b. February 2020). On June 29, 2022, Miles was arrested in Los Angeles on a domestic violence charge and was released on a USD 130k bond. He allegedly assaulted Mychelle in front of their 2 children. Her hospital report stated that the assault on her (that included strangulation) led to brain concussion, closed fracture of the nasal bone, contusion of the rib, multiple bruises, and a neck muscle strain. On July 19, 2022, Miles was charged with 1 felony count of injuring a child’s parent and 2 felony counts of child abuse. He pled not guilty to all three charges at his arraignment.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-American descent.
- Toned physique
- Towering frame
- Slightly overgrown, afro hair
- Sports a thick beard
- Cheerful smile
- Has both his hands and right leg covered in tattoos
Miles Bridges Facts
- Miles was introduced to the sport of basketball at the tender age of 2 by his father Raymond who was a 2-time basketball state champion at the high school level.
- In his junior year at high school, he had helped Huntington Prep School achieve a 31–3 win-loss record, the best performance in the school’s history.
- In January 2016, he was named a McDonald’s ‘All-American’ and competed in the 2016 McDonald’s ‘All-American’ Game. That year, he also competed in the Jordan Brand Classic ‘All-Star’ game, a high school basketball game played annually in April.
- In 2017, Miles was included in the Big Ten ‘All-Freshman’ Team and the Second Team ‘All-Big Ten‘. He was also named the Big Ten ‘Freshman of the Year’.
- In 2018, he was a consensus pick in the ‘All-American’ Second Team and was also named in the First Team ‘All-Big Ten‘. The Big Ten Conference is the oldest collegiate athletic conference in the United States and competes in the NCAA Division I.
- In April 2022, during the Charlotte Hornets‘ 103–132 defeat to the Atlanta Hawks, he threw his mouthpiece at a 16-year-old Atlanta Hawks fan. He was ejected from the game for this behavior and was fined USD 50k by the NBA for the incident, a day later.
Featured Image by Miles Bridges / Instagram