|Ming-Na Wen Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||November 20, 1963|
|Spouse||Eric Michael Zee|
Ming-Na Wen is a Chinese actress renowned for her roles in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Ralph Breaks the Internet, Milo Murphy’s Law, Sofia the First, Stargate Universe, Prom Night, Vanished, The Single Guy, ER, Street Fighter, The Joy Luck Club, As the World Turns, One Night Stand, Mulan, April Rain, and The Darkness. Ming-Na is an accomplished actress and has a huge fan base of over 500k followers on Facebook, more than 600k followers on Twitter, and over a million followers on Instagram.
Calabasas, Los Angeles, California, United States
Ming-Na Wen studied at the Mount Lebanon High School, Pennsylvania and passed out in 1981. Later, she joined Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and graduated with a degree in Theater in 1986.
Actress, Voice Actress
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Lin Chan Wen (Nurse)
- Siblings – Jonathan Wen (Older Brother)
- Others – Soo Lim Yee (Step-Father) (Businessman), Leong (Half Brother)
Ming-Na Wen is managed by LINK Entertainment, Talent Management Company, Los Angeles, California, United States.
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Ming-Na Wen has dated –
- Brett Hinch (1985-1989) – In 1985, Ming-Na started dating Australian actor Brett Hinch. They dated for about 4 years before separating in 1989. Their individual commitments became an issue in continuing their long-distance relationship.
- Kirk Aanes – In 1990, Ming-Na married to film writer, the late Kirk Aanes. However, their marriage did not last long and they got divorced in 1993.
- Eric Michael Zee (1994-Present) – In 1994, Ming-Na began a relationship with actor and screenwriter, Eric Michael Zee, after she moved to Los Angeles permanently. The couple tied the knot on June 16, 1995. They are blessed with 2 children, daughter Michaela Kitlin Wen (born November 21, 2000) and son Cooper Dominic Zee (born October 12, 2005).
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Chinese descent.
- Squared sharp jawline
- Pointed chin
Ming-Na Wen has either endorsed or promoted brands like –
- Suzi Wan Dinner Recipes
- Gensu Wak cooker
- Wen Healthy Hair Care system
- One love One Tribe Apparel
Best Known For
- Her characters as Agent Melinda May in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Fa Mulan in Ralph Breaks the Internet (2018), Savannah in Milo Murphy’s Law, as Vega in Sofia the First, Camile Wray in Stargate Universe, as Dr. Elisha Crowe in Prom Night (2008), Lin Mei in Vanished, Trudy in The Single Guy, Dr. Jing-Mei “Deb” Chen in ER, as Chun-Li Zang in Street Fighter (1994), as Jing-Mei “June” Woo in The Joy Luck Club (1993), and Lien Hughes in As the World Turns
In 1992, she made her theatrical film debut in the drama film, Rain Without Thunder, as ‘Uudie’ Prisoner.
In 1998, she made her theatrical film debut as a voice actress by voicing the character of Mulan in the animated adventure film, Mulan.
First TV Show
In 1985, she made her first TV show appearance in the family musical series, Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood, as Royal Trumpeter #3.
As a voice actress, in 1997, she made her debut TV show appearance as the voice of Lani in the animated fantasy series, Happily Ever After: Fairy Tales for Every Child.
Ming-Na Wen works out regularly. Her training is committed to her various roles like playing an agent in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Apart from working out at the gym, she also trains in various form of fighting skills and loves doing yoga and squats as well.
As for her diet, she does not follow any strict diet plan but incorporates more vegetables and fruits in her meals.
Ming-Na Wen Favorite Things
- Disney Song – “Part of Your World” from The Little Mermaid (1989)
Source – D23.com
Ming-Na Wen Facts
- Her parents divorced when she was just a baby.
- Her mother remarried and they moved to Queens, New York when she was 4 years old.
- After 5 years, her family moved to Pittsburg, where her stepfather’s family ran an inn restaurant.
- Growing up in the U.S., Ming-Na found it challenging to fit in. So, she changed her name to Maggie and Doris.
- Her mother wanted her to pursue medicine as a career and not acting.
- Goldsea Asian-American Daily ranked her as the 49th of the “100 Most Inspiring Asian Americans of All Time”.
- In 2008, she was chosen by People magazine as one of the “100 Most Beautiful People in the World”.
- She can speak in Mandarin.
- In the series Eureka (2006), her character’s name was inspired by her daughter’s name, Michaela Wen.
- In early 2018, she started a personal blog to help and motivate other women in their 50s to stay fit and healthy. Follow the blog @ wenever.com.
- Visit her official website @ ming-na.com.
- Follow Ming-Na Wen on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0