|Minod Bhanuka Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||April 29, 1995|
Minod Bhanuka is a Sri Lankan professional cricketer who has represented his country in all 3 formats of the sport (Tests, ODIs, and T20Is), as a top-order batter and wicketkeeper. Before breaking into the senior national team in October 2019, he had represented Sri Lanka at the 2014 Under-19 ICC Cricket World Cup, where the team had finished in 8th place in the 16-team competition. In the Sri Lankan domestic circuit, he has played for the Sinhalese Sports Club (2017) and the Colombo Cricket Club (2018–Present) across all 3 formats. At the franchise level, he has turned out for the Jaffna Kings (formerly known as Jaffna Stallions) (LPL) (2020) in the LPL (Lanka Premier League). He was an integral member of their squad that had won the LPL title in the inaugural edition of the tournament in December 2020.
Minod Bhanuka Ranasinghe
Kurunegala, North Western Province, Sri Lanka
Colombo, Western Province, Sri Lanka
Minod had attended the Maliyadeva College, one of Sri Lanka’s oldest schools and a national school controlled by the Sri Lankan central government, located in his hometown of Kurunegala.
- Siblings – He has a younger brother.
Top-Order Batter, Wicketkeeper
- 15 – One Day International (ODI), T20 International (T20I)
- 18 – Jaffna Kings (LPL)
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Minod has dated –
- Ayesha (2019-Present)
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Sri Lankan descent.
- Toned physique
- Short-cropped, spiked hair
- Affable smile
- Sports a trimmed beard
Minod Bhanuka Facts
- Minod had first come into the spotlight on the Sri Lankan domestic cricket scene during the 2015-16 season when he had scored a mammoth knock of 342 runs, playing for the Sinhalese Sports Club in a match against Badureliya Sports Club in the Premier Trophy, the main domestic first-class cricket competition in Sri Lanka.
- In October 2017, he was named in Sri Lanka’s T20I squad for their bilateral series against Pakistan in the UAE, but could not break into the playing XI. In September 2019, nearly 2 years later, he was named in Sri Lanka’s squad for their bilateral series against Pakistan in Pakistan. In the first week of October 2019, he had made both his ODI and T20I debuts.
- He had only been inducted into both squads after most of Sri Lanka’s big-ticket stars had withdrawn from the tour owing to security concerns in Pakistan. Bilateral cricket series had only started to return, to Pakistan in the mid-2010s, after the country had been shunned by the cricketing fraternity in 2009 after a bus carrying the Sri Lankan senior men’s national team had been attacked by terrorists in Lahore, causing severe injuries to some of the cricketers.
- In November 2019, he was named in Sri Lanka’s squad for the 2019 ACC Emerging Teams Asia Cup in Bangladesh.
- In August 2021, he was selected to play for the SLC Greys team for the 2021 edition of the SLC Invitational T20 League, a domestic T20 cricket tournament. The team went on to win the tournament and Minod had produced a ‘Player of the Match’ performance in the final.
Featured Image by Minod Bhanuka / Instagram