|Misha Collins Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||August 20, 1974|
Misha Collins is an American actor who is best known for portraying roles such as Castiel in Supernatural, Alexis Drazen in 24, and Brian in Over Her Dead Body. He has also appeared in a variety of other TV shows and films such as Liberty Heights, Girl, Interrupted, Finding Home, Encounter, Legacy, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, Seven Days, NYPD Blue, Close to Home, CSI: NY, Without a Trace, Stonehenge Apocalypse, Gotham Knights, The Venture Bros., and many more. He has also served as the producer and director of projects like Loot and Stranger Danger. For his acting skills, Misha has been honored with several awards such as the People’s Choice Award.
Dmitri Tippens Krushnic
Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Misha went to Greenfield Center School, and Northfield Mount Hermon School in Mount Hermon, Massachusetts.
Misha studied social theory from the University of Chicago.
- Father – Richard Krushnic
- Mother – Rebecca Tippens
- Siblings – Danielle Collins (Sister), Sasha Collins (Brother), Elizabeth Collins (Sister)
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
77 kg or 170 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Misha started dating writer and sexuality historian, Victoria Vantoch and married her on October 6, 2001, in Maine.
The couple has 2 children, a son West Anaximander Collins (b. September 23, 2010), and a daughter Maison Marie Collins (b. September 25, 2012).
Race / Ethnicity
- Bright blue eyes
- Quick wit during interviews
As per his fans, his shoe size is considered to be 10 (US).
Best Known For
Playing angel Castiel on the CW TV series Supernatural.
In 1999, Misha appeared in the comedy-drama film Liberty Heights for his role as a guy. It was uncredited.
His first credited role came in the next film Girl, Interrupted where he played the role as Tony in 1999.
First TV Show
In 1998, Misha guest appeared in UPN’s western drama series Legacy for his role as Andrew in just one episode entitled “The Big Fix.”
It is not known what workout and diet he follows. But, seeing his shirtless image (above), it seems that he loves working out and is maintaining a healthy body ever since.
Misha Collins Favorite Things
- Film – Matrix (1999)
Source – JustJared.com
Misha Collins Facts
- Misha grew up in an irreligious family.
- He is not sure from where his last name “Krushnic” came from. But, it goes back to the last 6 generations in Canada.
- “Collins” is his great-grandmother’s maiden name.
- When Bill Clinton was the US President, Misha interned at the White House for 4 months.
- As a poet, Misha has published poems such as “Baby Pants” and “Old Bones.”
- He has also co-founded a non-profit organization “Random Acts of Kindness.”
- In 2011, Misha founded the Greatest International Scavenger Hunt the World Has Ever Seen (GISHWHES).
- It is believed that “Misha” as a name was kept after his mother’s Russian ex-boyfriend.
- In the starting, he was only cast to play angel Castiel in just 3 episodes of Supernatural, but because he couple impress the producers, his role got extended.
- In Los Angeles, he designed and built his own home.
- In April 2022, while speaking at a Supernatural fan convention, Misha reportedly came out as bisexual after he said that he was ‘all three’ things: an introvert, an extrovert, and a bisexual. However, Misha later apologized for his “clumsy” language and clarified that he was actually straight.
- In October 2021, he published his poetry book, Some Things I Still Can’t Tell You.