|Mitchell Duke Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||January 18, 1991|
Mitchell Duke is an Australian professional soccer player who has represented, as a striker/winger, Parramatta FC (2009-2010), Central Coast Mariners FC (2010-2015), and Western Sydney Wanderers FC (2019-2020) in Australia; Shimizu S-Pulse (2015-2018) and Fagiano Okayama (2021-Present) in Japan; and Al Taawoun FC (2020-2021) in Saudi Arabia. He also spent loan spells with Blacktown City FC (2011) and Western Sydney Wanderers FC (2021), both in Australia. With Central Coast Mariners FC, Mitchell won the A-League (the top division of the Australian soccer league system) Championship in the 2012-13 season. In the A-League, the winner of the 26-round regular season is dubbed the season’s ‘Premier’. In contrast, the winner of the Finals Series (that culminates with a grand final match) that involves the 6 highest-placed teams in the regular season is dubbed the season’s ‘Champion’. The 2012-13 A-League Championship was Central Coast Mariners FC’s 1st such title having won the A-League Premiership twice before (2007-08 and 2011-12). At the international level, Mitchell has represented Australia, making his senior national debut in July 2013.
Mitchell Thomas Duke
Liverpool, Greater Western Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Mitchell had attended All Saints Catholic College, Liverpool, an independent Roman Catholic co-educational secondary day school located in the southwestern Sydney suburb of Liverpool. He had also studied at All Saints Catholic Senior College, a senior secondary day school located in the southwestern Sydney suburb of Casula.
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Bill Duke
- Mother – Arlene Duke
- Siblings – He has 8 siblings.
- 19, 15, 12 – Australia
- 25, 19, 9 – Central Coast Mariners FC
- 19 – Shimizu S-Pulse
- 12, 7 – Western Sydney Wanderers FC, Al Taawoun FC
- 19, 15 – Fagiano Okayama
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
81 kg or 178.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Mitchell has dated –
- Charlotte Potiphar (2013-Present) – Mitchell began dating Charlotte Potiphar in 2013 and the couple got married in January 2017. They have 2 children together – a son named Jaxson (b. April 2016) and a daughter named Chloe (b. January 2021).
Race / Ethnicity
- Toned physique
- Close-cropped hair
- Affable smile
- Clean-shaven look
- Has his right arm covered in tattoos
Mitchell Duke Facts
- Mitchell’s youth career began with a local team called Liverpool Rangers. In 2009, as an 18-year-old, he joined the youth system of Parramatta FC, a semi-professional Australian soccer club based in South Granville, New South Wales. He began his senior career with the same team later that year.
- In Australia’s 2nd group stage match of the 2022 edition of the FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association) World Cup, against Tunisia, Mitchell scored the only goal in a 1-0 win. Australia, in the next match, recorded another 1-0 win – this time against Denmark.
- This was the first instance of Australia recording 2 wins in a single edition of the FIFA World Cup. Before this, Australia had won only 2 other matches in the FIFA World Cup – a 3-1 group-stage win against Japan in 2006 and a 2-1 group-stage win against Serbia in 2010.
- The 2022 FIFA World Cup also became just the 2nd edition of the tournament where Australia advanced to the knockout phase – the first and only other such occasion was in 2006 when Australia reached the pre-quarterfinal stage and lost by a 1-0 margin to eventual champions Italy.
- In 2022, Australia lost its pre-quarterfinal match to the eventual champions again – this time by a 2-1 margin to Argentina. Coincidentally, France, the other team that defeated Australia at the 2022 FIFA World Cup also made it to the final of the tournament.
Featured Image by Mitchell Duke / Instagram