|Mohsin Khan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||July 15, 1998|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Mohsin Khan is an Indian professional cricketer who has represented his home state of Uttar Pradesh (2018-Present) in all 3 formats of the sport in the Indian domestic circuit, as a frontline pace bowler. In the IPL (Indian Premier League), he has turned out for Mumbai Indians (2018, 2020-2021) and Lucknow Super Giants (2022-Present).
Sambhal, Uttar Pradesh, India
Sambhal, Uttar Pradesh, India
Mohsin, after his high school graduation, joined the Kedar Nath Girdharilal Khatri (KGK) PG College in Moradabad, Uttar Pradesh, an institution affiliated with the Mahatma Jyotiba Phule (MJP) Rohilkhand University, a government university in Uttar Pradesh.
- Father – Multan Khan (Retired Police Sub-Inspector)
- Siblings – Azam Khan (Older Brother), Imraan Khan (Older Brother). He also has a sister.
He has been represented by Kunal Raghuvanshi, Manager & Booking Agent, The Right Player (TRP) Sports, Athlete Management & Sports Marketing Firm, Bengaluru, Bayaluseemé, Karnataka, India.
47 – Lucknow Super Giants
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
77 kg or 169.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Toned physique
- Short-cropped, wavy hair
- Affable smile
- Sports a trimmed beard
Mohsin Khan Facts
- Mohsin first came into the spotlight during the 2017–18 edition of the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy (India’s premier domestic T20 cricket competition). He had scalped 13 wickets in 8 matches across the tournament proper and its qualifying predecessor. He had also often clocked speeds in excess of 140 kph.
- This drew the attention of several IPL franchises and he was acquired by the 3-time (and defending champions) Mumbai Indians for his base price of INR 20 lakhs at the 2018 IPL auction. Due to the star-studded nature of the franchise, he had to bide his time on the bench and was not included in the franchise’s squad for the 2019 season.
- Mumbai Indians would again acquire him at the 2020 IPL auction, again for his base price of INR 20 lakhs. This time, he was with the squad for 2 seasons but enough game time was still a distant dream for Mohsin.
- At the 2022 IPL (Indian Premier League) mega auction, he had been acquired by the newly instituted Lucknow Super Giants franchise for his base price of INR 20 lakhs (approximately USD 26k).
- He was one of the breakthrough stars of the 2022 edition of the IPL, a season that would be remembered for several young and/or uncapped players overshadowing their highly experienced teammates and opponents with stellar performances. Mohsin ended up picking 14 wickets in 9 matches at a sensational economy rate of 5.96 runs per over and an astonishing average of 14.1 runs per wicket.
- He was particularly effective in the powerplay overs (the first 6 overs of a T20 match where only 2 fielders are allowed outside the 30-yard circle), picking up 6 wickets at a terrific economy rate of 5.25 runs per over. He was included in the ‘Team of the Tournament’ by ESPN Cricinfo (the leading online cricket portal in the world).
- Not just that, the portal had also rated him the most impactful player of the season with an average impact rating of 58.4 per match. These impact ratings are based not just on the raw statistics of a player’s performance but also on the context (calculated by an intelligent algorithm) of that performance which is quantified as the ‘pressure’ (calculated based on a series of match factors) on a batsman/bowler at every ball of an innings.
Featured Image by Mohsin Khan / Instagram