Momoland is a South Korean girl group that was formed through the reality show Finding Momoland in 2016 under the agency called MLD Entertainment. The group made its official debut in November 2016. Some of their well-known albums and singles include Welcome to Momoland, Freeze!, Great!, Fun to the World, JJan! Koong! Kwang!, Wonderful Love, Bboom Bboom, and Show Me. The group has a wide social media fan base with more than 3 million followers on Instagram.
- Hyebin (Leader, Vocalist, Rapper)
- Yeonwoo (Main Rapper, Vocalist, Visual, Face of the Group)
- Jane (Main Dancer, Lead Vocalist, Sub Rapper)
- Taeha (Main Vocalist)
- Nayun (Vocalist, Sub Rapper)
- Daisy (Main Dancer, Lead Rapper, Vocalist)
- JooE (Lead Vocalist, Lead Dancer, Rapper, Center, Face of the Group)
- Ahin (Lead Vocalist)
- Nancy (Lead Vocalist, Lead Dancer, Visual, Center, Maknae)
Seoul, South Korea
K-pop, Dance, Electropop, Nu-disco
MLD Entertainment, Kakao M
The group has released a number of mini albums such as Welcome to Momoland, Freeze!, Great!, Fun to the World, and Show Me. Out of these, Great! peaked at number 3 on the Gaon Album Chart. Some of their famous singles include JJan! Koong! Kwang!, Wonderful Love, Freeze, Baam, and I’m So Hot. Their single Bboom Bboom peaked at number 2 spot on the Gaon Digital Chart.
- The group Momoland was formed through a survival program titled Finding Momoland that aired on Mnet starting from June 2016 and created by Duble Kick Entertainment.
- A total of 10 trainees participated in Finding Momoland after which 7 were selected to be part of the group.
- When the group was all set to debut, unfortunately, the final event did not have 3,000 spectators, due to which their official debut was postponed. In the meantime, they prepared for their debut, promotional events, and fan meetings.
- On November 9, 2016, the group’s debut showcase was held and the next day they made their official debut by releasing their debut extended play Welcome to Momoland on M Countdown.
- The group began serving as the PR ambassador for the International Relief Development NGO Plan Korea in 2016.
- All the members also volunteered at the Phuc Luong Village in Thai Nguyen, Vietnam in December 2017 to encourage Happy Mov students to participate in Kindergarten construction service.
- The group that started with 7 members was extended in March 2017 with the addition of members Daisy and Taeha and started performing as a 9 member girl band.
- In January 2018, the group made their comeback with the EP, Great! with the title track Bboom Bboom and later in the same month, they were accused of copying their song Bboom Bboom from the song Mi Mi Mi by Serebro, a Russian girl group.
- Visit the band’s official website @ momoland.jp.
- Connect with the band members on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
Featured Image by Ellin Y / YouTube