|Mustafizur Rahman Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||September 6, 1995|
Mustafizur Rahman is a Bangladeshi professional cricketer who has represented his national team, across the 3 international formats (Tests, ODIs, and T20Is), as a frontline pace-bowler. He has been a key cog in the rise of Bangladesh as a formidable team in the limited-overs formats (ODIs, T20Is) helping his team reach the final of the Asia Cup (2016, 2018) and the semi-final of the Champions Trophy (2017). In the Bangladeshi domestic circuit, he has played for Khulna Division (2014–Present) and Mohammedan Sporting Club (2016-Present).
The Fizz, Cutter Master
Satkhira, Khulna, Bangladesh
- Father – Abul Qasem Gazi
- Mother – Mahmuda Khatun
- Siblings – Mokhlesur Rahman (Older Brother). He has 2 other older brothers and 2 older sisters.
90 – One Day International (ODI), T20 International (T20I), Sussex County Cricket Club (English Domestic Cricket), Sunrisers Hyderabad (IPL), Mumbai Indians (IPL), Rangpur Rangers (BPL)
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Mustafizur has dated –
- Samia Parvin (2019-Present) – Mustafizur had married his cousin Samia Parvin in a private ceremony, in March 2019, at Hadipur in his hometown of Satkhira. She was a psychology student at Dhaka University at the time of the marriage.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Bangladeshi descent.
- Toned physique
- Short-cropped, side-parted hair
- Sports a trimmed beard
Mustafizur Rahman Facts
- Mustafizur, like most youngsters in the Indian subcontinent, had a passion for cricket from a very young age. He and his older brother Mokhlesur would often practice at a facility that was about 25 miles away from their home.
- Before he started getting noticed at the local level for his extreme skill with the ball, including a variety of slower balls, yorkers, and cutters; he used to play as a batsman in tennis ball tournaments.
- In June 2015, in his debut ODI series, against India, he had captured 13 wickets. This was the then-record for the most wickets (13) in a debut ODI series.
- He holds the record for being the first cricketer ever to win the ‘Man of the Match’ award on his Test match debut (July 2015 against South Africa) as well as his ODI debut (June 2015 against India).
- A rare occurrence in modern cricket, Mustafizur has also played domestic cricket outside of his home country, representing Sussex County Cricket Club (2016) in England.
- A valuable pace bowler who masters a bagful of tricks and variations, he has been featured in franchise-based T20 leagues around the world, turning out for Dhaka Dynamites (2015-16), Rajshahi Kings (2017-2019), and Rangpur Rangers (2019-20) in the BPL (Bangladesh Premier League); Sunrisers Hyderabad (2016-2017), Mumbai Indians (2018), and Rajasthan Royals (2021) in the IPL (Indian Premier League); and Lahore Qalandars (2018) in the PSL (Pakistan Super League).
- In March 2019, he was one among several members of the Bangladesh national squad, that was touring New Zealand for an international series, who were just a few moments away from entering the Al Noor mosque in Christchurch, New Zealand. The mosque soon came under attack from a lone gunman who ended up killing 51 people and injuring 40 others.
Featured Image by Mustafizur Rahman / Instagram