|Nia Sanchez Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||February 15, 1990|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
Nia Sanchez is an American model, television presenter, and beauty pageant titleholder who won Miss USA 2014, becoming the first contestant from Nevada to be crowned Miss USA. She then went on to represent the United States in the Miss Universe 2014 competition and concluded her journey as the 1st runner-up. Over the years, she has been a part of various projects including Budget or Baller, Work Out New York, Good Morning Lala Land, Fox and Friends, The Insider, Late Show with David Letterman, and Today.
Nia Temple Sanchez
Sacramento, California, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Nia graduated from Paloma Valley High School in Menifee, California in 2008.
Model, Beauty Queen, Television Presenter
- Father – David Sanchez (Military veteran)
- Mother – Nicole Sanford
- Siblings – David, Jr. (Brother)
- Others – Wilbur David Sanchez (Paternal Grandfather), Karin Tempel (Paternal Grandmother), Theodore Douglas “Ted” Sanford (Maternal Grandfather), Linda Marie Evans (Maternal Grandmother)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
56 kg or 123.5 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Nia Sanchez has dated –
- Daniel Booko – American actor and model, Daniel Booko started dating Nia Sanchez before she won the Miss Nevada USA title. In October 2014, he proposed to Nia on a private terrace in New York City and they got married on October 17, 2015, in Temecula, California. On November 10, 2021, the duo was blessed with a son named Asher Daniel Booko.
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (Hispanic and White)
Nia Sanchez is of Mexican and German descent on her father’s side and has Spanish, German, and English roots on her mother’s side.
36-24-36 in or 91.5-61-91.5 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
Best Known For
Becoming Miss USA 2014
She has an elegant figure and that does not come so easily. A strict diet and a regular exercise regimen are responsible to achieve that level of fitness.
She has a sweet tooth so without doing any harm to her body, she drinks fresh mixed fruit juice, which she herself makes. The juice includes apple, pineapple, kale, spinach, and celery. Nia also likes to eat raw cookie dough chunks.
She starts her day with green tea and also drinks chamomile tea at night. A protein shake is again one of the items in her diet plan.
Nia drinks lots of water throughout the day.
Her go-to snack is salted almonds or tuna packets.
She makes her own enchiladas and makes sure it is healthy by adding less cheese but adding chicken.
As a sample, her diet plan is as –
- Breakfast – Eggs / scrambled eggs, oatmeal, and fresh fruit.
- Lunch – Green beans or broccoli with chicken, turkey, or tuna
- Dinner – Brown rice, vegetable soup
She makes sure that all the main food groups like proteins, carbs, and veggies are there in her diet.
Nia Sanchez Favorite Things
- Cuisine – Mexican
- Movie – Tangled (2010)
Source – HollywoodLife.com
Nia Sanchez Facts
- Nia is the first contestant from Nevada, who has won the Miss USA title.
- Miss Nevada was actually born in California.
- She was born and raised in Sacramento until the age of 7.
- She worked as a face character for Hong Kong Disney in 2012 for 7 months.
- After her parents divorced (when she was 6), she lived with her then-housewife mom at a women’s shelter for about 2 months.
- At 13, she participated in a Miss San Jacinto contest, which she didn’t win.
- She has also worked as a nanny in Europe.
- She knows ballet and jazz dance forms. She practiced them for 5 years.
- She had already traveled to 12 countries in the world before winning Miss Nevada USA in 2014.
- Although she is half-Hispanic, she does not speak Spanish. However, Nia has always wanted to learn the language.
- She teaches martial arts at a women’s shelter in Las Vegas.
- Miss Nevada USA was not able to answer Nevada’s capital.
- She is a 5th-degree black belt in Taekwondo.