|Nick Murphy Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||June 23, 1988|
Nick Murphy is an Australian singer and songwriter who is best known for releasing popular songs like No Diggity, Talk is Cheap, Fear Less, The Trouble with Us, and I’m Into You. He has also released numerous albums including Built on Glass and Run Fast Sleep N*ked. For his superior singing skills, he has won numerous awards such as the Australian Independent Records Award in the “Best Independent Single/EP” category for his EP, Thinking in Textures. He has a huge social media fan base with more than 300k followers on Instagram and more than 100k followers on Twitter.
Nicholas James Murphy
Chet Faker, Nick
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Chet graduated from St. Nicholas College, an all-boys primary and secondary school in Toorak, Victoria, Australia, where he also learned audio engineering.
Nick is represented by –
- Shazila Mohammed and Grace Jones of Grandstand Media
- Claire of Bossy Music
- Sinead Mills of Practise Music
- Brett Murrihy, Booking Agent (Australia), William Morris Endeavor Entertainment
- Owen Mallon, Evan Hancock, and Ryan Craven, Booking Agent (America), Paradigm Talent Agency
Electronica, Downtempo, Soul, Trip Hop
Vocals, Piano, Keyboards, Bass Guitar, Synthesizer, Percussion, Programming, Guitar
- Remote Control Records
- Chess Club
- Downtown Records
- Future Classic
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He has Irish ancestry.
Best Known For
Releasing popular EPs and albums such as Built on Glass, Run Fast Sleep Naked, Work, and Missing Link
He released his first album titled Built on Glass on April 11, 2014.
First TV Show
He made his TV show debut as ‘Himself’ on Revolt Live in 2014.
Nick Murphy Favorite Things
- Musician – Chet Baker
- Song To Perform – 1998
Nick Murphy Facts
- Chet was highly influenced by the musician Chet Baker, Bob Dylan, as well as his mother’s Motown albums and his father’s Ibiza CDs.
- He believed Chet Baker’s voice was fragile.
- He has collaborated with Banks, Flume, and Marcus Marr in the past.
- Chet Faker announced that he won’t be making music under the name Chet Faker on September 8, 2016, on Facebook. He said “It’s been half a decade since I started releasing music as Chet Faker and all of you have been the driving force behind the music since. There’s an evolution happening and I wanted to let you know where it’s going. The next record will be under my own name, Nick Murphy. Chet Faker will always be a part of the music. This is next.”
- Chet believes dance and music can put anyone in a trance.
- He thinks that hype and fame are both good and bad things. If you’re not prepared to handle it, then, they can be harmful.
- He grew up listening to The Big Chill soundtrack by Smokey Robinson, Aretha Franklin, The Temptations, Otis Redding.
- He realized that he wants to be a musician at the age of 22.
- Before being obsessed with music, he was obsessed with games.
- His high school career counselor advised him against pursuing music as a career.
- He loves performing live music more than recording it.
- Few of his favorite bands are Kloke and Handsome.
- Visit his official website @ nickmurphy.com.
- You can follow him on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Featured Image by Eva Rinaldi / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0