|Nikolaj Coster-Waldau Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||July 27, 1970|
Nikolaj Coster-Waldau is a Danish actor and producer who is best known for portraying roles such as Jaime Lannister in Game of Thrones, Gary Gordon in Black Hawk Down, Sykes in Oblivion, and John Amsterdam in New Amsterdam. He has also appeared in a variety of other TV shows and films such as Lock, Stock…, The Left Wing Gang, The Simpsons, Against the Ice, Suicide Tourist, Small Crimes, Gods of Egypt, The Other Woman, A Thousand Times Good Night, The Kautokeino Rebellion, My Name Is Modesty, 24 Hours in the Life of a Woman, Stealing Rembrandt, and many more. His theatre credits include plays like Macbeth and Hamlet. For his acting skills, Nikolaj has been nominated for numerous awards such as the Primetime Emmy Award, Screen Actors Guild Award, and People’s Choice Award.
Nationality / Citizenship
From 1989 to 1993, Nikolaj attended the Danish National School of Theatre and Contemporary Dance in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Actor, film producer, screenwriter
- Father – Jørgen Oscar Fritzer Waldau (Worked in Greenland)
- Mother – Hanne Søborg Coster (Librarian)
- Siblings – Dorte Coster-Waldau (Older Sister), Rikke Coster-Waldau (Older Sister)
He is signed with these agencies –
- Lindberg Management ApS (Denmark)
- William Morris Endeavor Entertainment (USA)
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
87 kg or 192 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
In 1998, Nikolaj married Greenlandic actress and singer, Nukâka. He has two daughters, named, Filippa (b. October 2000) and Safina (b. November 2003).
Race / Ethnicity
He has German ancestry on his father’s side.
- Tall body frame
- Danish actor having German ancestry on his dad’s side.
He has appeared in commercials for Reinert (in 1998), 6 Om Dagen, etc.
Best Known For
Playing the main role as Jaime Lannister / The Kingslayer in HBO’s fantasy drama series Game of Thrones. He has been nominated for several awards.
Nikolaj appeared in the 1994 thriller film Nightwatch for his role as Martin Bork.
Though, in 1993, he appeared in the TV movie Slaget på tasken for his role as Christian.
First TV Show
In 2000, Nikolaj appeared in 2 episodes of Channel 4’s series Lock, Stock… for his role as Jordi.
He does not have any fixed or standard workout routine as he gets bored easily. He likes pullups a lot while burpees is his least favorite move.
You can check all about his fitness on Healthy Celeb.
Nikolaj Coster-Waldau Favorite Things
- Cheat Food – Chocolate
- Workout Move – Pull-ups
- Clothing Item – Skiing trousers
- Films – Birdman (2014), Last Tango in Paris (1972), Once Upon a Time in America (1984), Force Majeure (2014), Play It Again, Sam (1972)
Source – Independent, Rotten Tomatoes, Men’s Fitness
Nikolaj Coster-Waldau Facts
- His name is pronounced as “Nee-ko-LY COS-ter Wall-DOW”.
- His dad was an alcoholic and died in 1998. Due to his dad’s alcohol problem, his parents divorced.
- Nikolaj was raised primarily by his mother in a village named Tybjerg (had 40 people in the complete village) in southern Zealand.
- He is good friends with Danish painter Thomas Kluge.
- When he was a small child, Nikolaj decided that he would either become a footballer or an actor.
- He says he hasn’t got any hidden talents.
- As of March 2013, he drives a Skoda car.
- He really enjoys watching the shows of American-Mexican comedian, Louis CK.
- He is a fan of storytelling.
- He was around 15 or 16, when he first watched “Once Upon A Time In America” (1984).
- Burpees is his least favorite workout move.
- He has two dogs.
- In September 2016, he started serving as the UNDP Goodwill Ambassador to raise awareness and support the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals.
- In February 2022, during an interview, Nikolaj revealed that while shooting a scene in the film Against The Ice, he had got a concussion.