|Noel Fisher Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||March 13, 1984|
Noel Fisher is a Canadian actor who is known for playing complex and dark characters in various TV shows of which he is most popularly known for playing Mickey Milkovich in Shameless. He has also appeared in various other TV shows and films such as Fear the Walking Dead, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, Glory Days, The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2, and many more. He has a huge social media fan base with more than 900k followers on Instagram and more than 400k followers on Twitter.
Noel Roeim Fisher
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Los Angeles, California, United States
Noel belongs to the class of 2003 of Gladstone Secondary School in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
- Father – Ron Fisher
- Mother – Linda Leonard Adams
- Siblings – Raena Kai Fisher (Younger Sister) (Project Leader at Boston Consulting Group)
- Others – Daniel Roe (Brother-in-Law), Marilyn Darlene Adams (Maternal Grandmother), Patricia Dobbins Lyons (Maternal Aunt), Seth Lyons (Cousin) (Works in Medical Insurance), Shannon Mayes (Cousin) (Human Resources Coordinator)
Noel Fisher is represented by –
- United Talent Agency (UTA)
- Industry Entertainment Productions
- Marcy Morris (Attorney)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Noel Fisher has dated –
- Layla Alizada (2005–Present) – Noel first met fellow actress Layla on the sets of Canadian TV Series Godiva’s in 2005. They connected at the show’s wrap-up party and started dating from there on. Fisher asked Layla to marry him when they were vacationing at the St. Regis in Bora Bora in May 2014. After a 3 year engagement, the couple got married in the backyard of their Los Angeles home on July 15, 2017. Layla wore a Morilee lace gown while Noel wore a blue Kenneth Cole suit. Their wedding was organized by Charisma Bote-Zenetzis and featured décor by TLC Design Group. They entertained 60 of their closest friends and family with Mediterranean-inspired menu and white wine from Patricius Tokaj. In November 2018, Noel posted a picture with his wife on Instagram and shared that he had been with her for 14 years.
Race / Ethnicity
He has British and Eastern European ancestry on his father’s side and Irish and Scottish ancestry on his mother’s side.
He often tends to dye his hair ‘dark brown’.
- Pale, fair and pasty complexion
- Hooded down-turned eyes
Best Known For
Playing an aggressive gay character of Mikhailo Aleksandr Milkovich aka Mickey in the black comedy-drama series Shameless since 2011. Seeing his portrayal of Mickey’s character, the show’s audience often wonders and speculates if Noel is gay in real life. Noel, who is actually straight explained in an interview that the complexity and range of a character are more important to him than its sexual orientation in any script.
He made his theatrical film debut as ‘Tulga Gang Member #1’ in the horror film Valentine in 2001.
As a voice actor, he made his theatrical film debut by lending his voice to the character of Michelangelo / Mike or Mikey in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in 2014.
First TV Show
He made his TV show debut as Gary Long on 2gether: The Series in 2000.
Noel’s first voiceover assignment was to give voice to the character of Todd Tolensky / Toad in the animated series X-Men Evolution in 2000.
Noel regularly hits the gym to stay fit because he frequently mentions visiting a gym before or after a workout on social media. Noel formerly trained in judo and dance.
As for his diet, Fisher usually prefers a Mediterranean / seafood diet, although he is not rigid about subscribing to it. He claims to be a coffee addict who is not a morning person and prefers waking up late.
Noel Fisher Favorite Things
- Instrumental Score – God Moving Over the Face of Waters by Vitamin String Quartet
- Food – Sushi, Frozen Yogurt
- Beverage – Coffee
- Restaurant (LA) – Katsuya (Japanese Sushi Restaurant)
- Outdoor Activity – Camping
- Places In LA – Local Beaches
- Hometown Café (In Vancouver) – JJ Bean on Main Street
- Hometown Restaurant – Shizen Ya (for Sushi)
- Date Night Venue (In Vancouver) – Kitsilano Beach
- Guilty Pleasure – Cinnamon Buns from Solly’s Bagelry
- Video Games – Prototype, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, Rainbow Six: Las Vegas
- Animated Shows – South Park, Family Guy
- Rapper – Sage Francis
- Musical Artist – Iron & Wine (Noel likes his track Trapeze Swinger so much that he wants it to be played at his funeral)
- Song He Likes To Play On The Piano – Beethoven’s Moonlight Sonata, Please Mr. Postman by The Beatles
Source – Twitter, NoelFisherFans.com, Dujour.com, Vancourier.com, StatusMagOnline.com
Noel Fisher Facts
- He started acting at the age of 13. His first role was playing the artful dodger in a community theatre production of Oliver Twist in Vancouver.
- Fisher trained in playing the piano for 8 years. Although he never played the instrument professionally, he would enter a lot of competitions in his teens that also helped him get over his stage fright.
- Noel and his wife Layla have two pet cats named Sushi and Spartacus.
- The actor puts himself in a deeply emotional state with the help of his personal collection of songs so he may easily cry on cue if an audition or a scene demands it.
- A brief appearance in Two and a Half Men as Freddie in 2004 was the first job that Noel booked in Los Angeles.
- Noel is an avid gamer. In fact, his wife’s IMDb profile says that playing video games with Fisher is one of her favorite hobbies as well.
- According to Fisher, his first breakout role that sealed his career in LA was playing Cael Malloy in The Riches (2007–2008). As an expression of gratitude to the universe, Noel decided to sponsor a girl in Zambia. He is also a supporter of the Humane Society and Defenders of Wildlife.
- Noel missed the final callback for the role of Mickey in Shameless because he was shooting for another project in Chicago at that time. He earned himself another chance at auditioning by sending his audition on tape where he filmed each scene from 3 different angles.
- When he auditioned for the role of albino character Ellison Mounts aka Cotton Top in Hatfields & McCoys (2012), the director Kevin Reynolds and producer Darrell Fetty thought Noel was wearing a wig and a lot of make-up which was his actual pale, fair skin and light hair.
- Before settling in Los Angeles, Fisher used to travel to Los Angeles from Vancouver in his first car, a Honda Accord that he purchased in 2002. Since the vehicle was his constant companion struggling through the first 10 years of his acting career, Fisher owns that car till date owing to his emotional attachment to the memories associated with it.
- Noel was cast as a 3000-year-old vampire named Vladimir in The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2 (2012) which was his first big-budget project with an ensemble cast. He joked that his pasty complexion helped him land the job and saved a substantial amount of make-up.
- To find out more about the actor, follow him on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Noel Fisher / Instagram