|Nurul Hasan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||November 21, 1993|
|Spouse||Tasnim Islam Lisa|
Nurul Hasan is a Bangladeshi professional cricketer who has represented his country in all 3 formats of the sport (Tests, ODIs, and T20Is), as a middle-order batter and wicketkeeper. He was a member of the Bangladeshi squad that had reached the final of the 2016 edition of the Asia Cup, the 2nd time that the country had achieved the feat. Before breaking into the senior national team in January 2016, he had participated in both the 2010 and 2012 editions of the Under-19 ICC Cricket World Cup. The team had finished 9th and 7th, respectively, in those tournaments. In the Bangladeshi domestic circuit, Nurul has played for Khulna Division (2009–2016), Dhaka Division, Sylhet Division, and Sheikh Jamal Dhanmondi Club (2016-17-Present) across all 3 formats. In the BPL (Bangladesh Premier League), he has turned out for Chittagong Kings (2013), Fortune Barishal, and Sylhet Super Stars (2015-Present).
Quazi Nurul Hasan
Right-Arm Off Break
Middle-Order Batter, Wicketkeeper
- 18 – Test Match, One Day International (ODI), Fortune Barishal (BPL)
- 81, 18 – T20 International (T20I)
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
69 kg or 152 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Nurul has dated –
- Tasnim Islam Lisa (2017-Present) – Nurul married his college acquaintance Tasnim Islam Lisa in 2017. They have a daughter together (b. August 2019).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Bangladeshi descent.
- Toned physique
- Side-parted, dense hair
- Sports a trimmed beard
Nurul Hasan Facts
- Nurul first came into the spotlight during the 2013-14 season of the National Cricket League (the oldest domestic first-class cricket competition in Bangladesh) where he scored 489 runs (including 2 centuries) at a stellar average of 81.5 runs per inning. The performance earned him a place in the representative ‘Bangladesh A’ team.
- Soon after making his T20I (and international) debut for Bangladesh in January 2016, he scored more than 500 runs (including a century) in the Dhaka Premier Division Cricket League (a top-tier club-based List A tournament in Bangladesh).
- During the 2017–18 season of the Dhaka Premier Division Cricket League, he was the leading run-scorer for Sheikh Jamal Dhanmondi Club, with 546 runs to his name in 12 matches. He repeated the feat in the 2018–19 season, with 524 runs in 16 matches.
- Nurul was the captain of the club when it won the inaugural edition of the Dhaka Premier Division Twenty20 Cricket League (a top-tier club-based T20 tournament in Bangladesh) in the 2018–19 season.
- In July 2022, he was named the captain, in a temporary capacity, of Bangladesh’s T20I team squad for a 3-match bilateral series in Zimbabwe. This was after the team’s regular captain, Mahmudullah, was struggling with personal form, and the team’s performance in the format was also not up to the mark.
- Nurul was the top-scorer for Bangladesh in the first match of the series even though the team lost by 17 runs. Bangladesh won the next match by 7 wickets but Nurul suffered a finger injury during that match and was ruled out of the rest of the series. Zimbabwe went on to win the 3rd match by 10 runs and the series by a 2–1 margin. It was their first T20I series win against Bangladesh.
Featured Image by Nurul Hasan / Instagram