Developed by Elizabeth Somer, nutrition expert, The Origin Diet Program is a result of years of extensive research. Based on ancient foods and lifestyle, the diet program will transform both your body as well as mind.
Eminent saying “old is gold” applies perfectly well in context of diet and lifestyle. You often might be wondering how come your ancestors lived long, healthy and disease free life, despite not having all the comforts and pleasures that we have today.
Well, the answer lies in query itself. Our convenient life and comforts have actually cut us from natural life. In ancient time, the works which required our ancestors to move their bodies can effortlessly be done with electronic equipment and machine today. The origin diet asserts, by getting closer to nature and organic foods, we can ensure blissful life for ourselves.
What the Origin Diet is?
The origin diet plan is a practical diet program which will not only bring you in trimmed body shape but will also inculcate healthy lifestyle habits in you. Processed and refined foods make your body host of degenerative diseases; therefore you need to cautiously work towards eliminating these foods from your diet regime.
Foods having low glycemic index, rich in various vital nutrients nourish your body. The diet solution points up consumption of raw and fresh foods, which actually is the secret formula used by our ancestors for attaining lean and healthy body.
Who Can Follow the Origin Diet Plan?
The diet plan will successfully shed twenty pounds from your body in six weeks. All men and women below forty can follow the diet program. And if you are above forty and seek to follow the diet program, you can go along with the diet program by inculcating foods rich in vitamin D in your diet.
Meticulously designed diet program is filled with nutrient dense foods, but not enough sources of vitamin D are there in diet program. As you grow older, your bone density reduces which also makes you susceptible of becoming victim of osteoporosis, arthritis etc. So it’s vital for you to feed sufficient vitamin D to your body.
To nourish your body with vitamin D, you should spend minimum thirty minutes in a day in sun. Fishes such as tuna, sardines, salmon, some cereals, and yogurt are some rich sources of vitamin D. These foods and sunlight will make the diet program doable for dieters of all the age groups.
Workouts in The Origin Diet
Dearth of physical activities is reflected by our bodies in the form of stress and serious ailments such as cardiac diseases, high sugar, cancer, IBS etc. Diet indeed is paramount for our body but that alone is insufficient. Our body can be fueled with foods, but our metabolism still is reliable on physical activities.
No matter what type of physical activities you do, you just need to keep your body in motion. And you can do that by playing some outdoor game, or by doing crunches, lunges or anything you prefer. You can also practice workouts while listening to your favorite music. Music blends with your brain cells and provides you eternal peace. Activities done with such a state of mind don’t appear like a burden to you.
Ways of Sensible Eating
We often pay so much attention on the products we use on our skin and body externally and never forget to see their side effects. But when it comes to foods, we become all careless. Foods act just like two edged sword for our body. Whereas unhealthy foods make our body diseased and pathetic, healthy foods make it beautiful as well as resilient.
That being said, all foods are not healthy, you should have acumen to differentiate between healthy and unhealthy foods. Therefore, you need to develop sensible eating habits, here are some ways of sensible eating.
- Do mindful eating and devote considerable time to eating as you devote to other important deeds of your routine life. Besides that, don’t talk to your friends or watch TV while eating. You are likely to eat more foods while doing so.
- Instead of eating anything just like that, check the foods on following parameters – macronutrient density, glycemic index, fatty acid composition, sodium-potassium ratio, micronutrient density, fiber content, or acid-base balance. Your foods should have high macronutrient and micronutrient density, and should have low glycemic index, fatty acid composition, sodium-potassium ratio.
- Munch your foods several times before finally galloping them. Munching foods takes off a lot of pressure from your intestine and boost your metabolism.
- Endeavor to make your diet balanced by including thirty percent vegetables, twenty percent carbs, twenty percent fruits, twenty percent proteins, and ten percent proteins in your diet.
Benefits of The Origin Diet
The Origin diet program will provide you following benefits.
- You will get adequate nourishment because food items recommended in diet program are loaded with phytonutrients, macronutrients and minerals.
- Exercises have been included in the mainstream of diet plan. Exercises will not only speed up your metabolism but will also assist your body in burning fats faster.
- You are advised to drink ample water in a day like your ancestors used to do. Hydrated body will flush out toxins more efficiently and will purge you from diseases.
- You will find several effective strategies which will tell you how you can compensate the ill effects of unhealthy foods. For example, consumption of alcohol stirs up your appetite, but if you drink two glasses of water, you can bring down its impact.
- Rather than believing in providing transient weight loss, the diet program believes in providing permanent weight loss to its dieters.
Sample Diet Plan
The diet program points up consumption of five to six small meals in a day. Let’s have a look at one of the sample meal plans of the origin diet.
You can have skimmed soy milk, walnuts, raisins or blueberries dunked in Greek yogurt etc. in your breakfast.
You can have hummus, carrots, maple syrup, low-fat dairy products etc. in your morning snack.
You can have chicken bread sandwich with whole wheat grain bread, pancakes etc. in your lunch.
You can have whole grains, almond milk, one kiwi fruit etc. in your evening snack.
You can have tuna, salmon, organic grass fed meat, legumes etc. in your dinner.