|Pankaj Bhadouria Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||July 14, 1971|
Pankaj Bhadouria is an Indian chef, author, TV personality, and former teacher who became a household name in India in 2010 when she won the 1st season of MasterChef India, the Indian version of the globally popular competitive cooking game show franchise MasterChef Australia. In August 2012, she started her culinary academy in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India, that offers professional courses and certifications for upcoming chefs. She also runs a YouTube channel called MasterChef Pankaj Bhadouria where she shares her recipes and provides cooking masterclasses. The channel has amassed more than 950k subscribers.
Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India
Pankaj had attended a Kendriya Vidyalaya (the Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan is a system of central government schools in India) school in New Delhi.
After her high school graduation, she joined the University of Lucknow, a public state university based in Lucknow. There, she attained a bachelor’s degree in English, a bachelor’s degree in education, and a master’s degree in English literature.
Chef, Author, TV Personality, Former Teacher
- Father – Vinod Khanna (Deceased)
- Mother – Priya Khanna (Deceased)
- Siblings – She has a younger brother.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
66 kg or 145.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Pankaj has dated –
- Charu Samarth (1995–Present) – Pankaj got married to a businessman named Charu Samarth in April 1995. They have 2 children together – a daughter named Sonalika and a son named Siddhant.
Race / Ethnicity
- Mildly stocky frame
- Center-parted, long, straight, dense hair
- Affable smile
- Radiant face
Pankaj has endorsed –
- Microsoft Lumia 535 smartphone
- Knorr (German food and beverage brand)
- Eastern Masalas (a leading spice brand in Southern India)
- Cox and Kings (multinational holiday and education travel group)
- Reliance Fresh (a chain of Indian convenience stores)
- Tefal (French cookware and small appliance manufacturer)
- Taaza tea
- Samsung smart oven
- Kent juicer
- Kent pasta maker
She was also chosen by the Spanish Government as an ambassador for a campaign called Olive Oil Revolution to promote olive oil in India.
Pankaj Bhadouria Facts
- Pankaj had quit her 16-year-old career as a teacher to participate in the audition for the inaugural season of MasterChef India. She was teaching English at the City Montessori School (CMS) in her hometown of Lucknow at that time.
- After winning the inaugural edition of MasterChef India, she went on to host several cooking-based TV shows including Chef Pankaj Ka Zayka (2011), Kifayati Kitchen (2014-2015), 3 Course with Pankaj (2015), Rasoi se – Pankaj Bhadouria ke Saath (2015), Just Like That (2015), Health In 100 (2016), and Dream Kitchen (2017).
- She was the first winner of an edition of MasterChef, anywhere in the world, to have an official MasterChef cookbook in her name. It was released in 2011. She has published multiple other books including Chicken From My Kitchen: The Indian Way (2014); Uttar Pradesh- A Cultural Kaleidoscope (2015); and The Secret in the Spice Mix: Fifty Unique Homemade Spice Mixes with Recipes (2017).
- In August 2016, she created Lucknow’s largest community kitchen at her culinary academy. The kitchen’s primary focus was to serve underprivileged children and it was created in association with the Child’s Right Commission, Government of Uttar Pradesh.
- Her other charitable efforts include training children in bakery skills in association with an NGO called Ahsaas and organizing a fundraising cookery workshop at the Radisson Blu hotel in New Delhi.
- In 2018, Pankaj was felicitated by the President of India with the ‘First Ladies’ award that is presented by the Ministry of Women & Child Development, Government of India.
Featured Image by Pankaj Bhadouria / Instagram