Čech mate, Big Pete, Mr Zero, Petr the Great, Mr Perfect
Plzeň, Western Bohemia, Czechoslovakia (currently called Czech Republic)
Petr was born and grew up in a provisional town in the Western Bohemia of the former Czechoslovakia, which has made it difficult to find and analyze the information about his formal education.
However, it is known that he began his soccer education at a local club Škoda Plzeň (which has been renamed as FC Viktoria Plzeň since) at the age of seven. After progressing through various age groups at the academy, he continued his football education at the Czech First League team FK Chmel Blšany at the age of sixteen in June 1999.
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Václav Čech
- Mother – Libuše Čechová (Housewife)
- Siblings – Michal Čech (Brother), Šárka Čechová (Younger Sister), Markéta Čechová (Older Sister)
Petr is represented by SPORT INVEST International, a. s.
At the French club Stade Rennes, Petr Čech wore number one jersey. He wore the same shirt number while turning out for the English club Chelsea FC. Also, he was assigned the same squad number for his national side, Czech Republic as well.
After his transfer to Arsenal in 2015 summer, he was assigned number 33 jersey by the London based club.
6 ft 5¼ in or 196 cm
92 kg or 203 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Petr Čech has dated –
- Martina Čechová (2003-Present) – Petr Čech married his beautiful wife Martina Čechová at the age of 21 in 2003, while playing for the French club Stade Rennes. According to the reports, Čech had been dating Martina for years before they got married. They studied in the same high school in Plzeň and it was then, they started dating. After five years of their marriage, Martina gave birth to a daughter Adéla on January 23, 2008. Whereas, their son Damián was born in June 2009. Both of their children were born in Czech Republic.
Race / Ethnicity
- Often wears Scrum Cap on the field
- Long Stature
- Brown Hair
Petr Čech’s body specifications may be –
- Chest – 45 in or 114.5 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 15.5 in or 39.5 cm
- Waist – 35 in or 89 cm
His shoe size is unknown.
At the start of 2016 season in August, Petr Čech signed a lucrative brand endorsement deal with the German kit manufacturer Puma. As per the new deal, the Arsenal goalkeeper will have to wear Puma cleats as well as use Puma gloves during matches. Earlier, he had the long standing contract with Adidas, which was signed in his early years at Chelsea.
In his home country, he has a partnership deal with sports goods manufacturer, Kama. As per the deal, he has agreed to allow company to use his trademark for the production of caps and other goods. In July 2016, the company launched knitted winter cap, which resembled Čech’s trademark scrum cap, worn during matches due to safety reasons.
Religious views unknown.
Best Known For
- Winning FA cup with Arsenal
- Winning UEFA Champions League with Chelsea FC
- Golden Glove award in the Premier League
- Playing for two London rivals, Arsenal and Chelsea
First Soccer Match
In October 1999, he played his first ever professional match at the age of 17 for FK Chmel Blšany in a 3-1 away loss against Sparta Prague.
On August 15, 2004, Čech made his Premier League debut for Chelsea against Manchester United in a 1-0 victory at Stamford Bridge.
He lined up for the first time for Arsenal football club on August 9, 2015 in a 0-2 defeat against West Ham United at the Emirates Stadium.
Petr turned out for his national side for the first time in February 2002 in a match against Hungary.
- Saving long shots
- Collection of high crosses
- Command of the penalty area
- Rushing off the line
- One on one saves
Petr’s first appearance in any film came in Sport Relief 2006, in which he starred as himself in 2006. It was a TV movie.
He hasn’t appeared in a theatrical movie yet.
First TV Show
Apart from soccer matches, his TV appearance was in spots show Match of the Day 2 as himself in episode #3.4 in 2006.
In an interview given to Men’s Health UK, Petr Čech revealed that his workouts involve a lot of core work and dynamic movements. The core work helps in improving balance as well as body strength whereas the dynamic movements improves his body reflexes and sharpens reactions as well.
Depending on when the match is, he joins the rest of his team for training drills or stays in gym for injury prevention exercises. While training for the Euro 2016, he posted a video of his insane training drill. It involved placing lots of water bottles in front of his goal area and firing shots in that area. With the ball ricocheting in unexpected directions, it showed his awesome reactions. You can take a look at the crazy drill here.
He further revealed that he eats eggs and some fruits for his breakfast along with coffee, which for some reason is the key for him. His other meals are split into three parts – fiber, protein and carbs.
Petr Čech Favorite Things
- Save – UEFA Champions League Arjen Robben penalty stop
Source – Metro
Petr Čech Facts
- From 2002 to July 2016, Petr Čech has played for Czech Republic in 124 games, which makes him the highest capped player for his national team.
- Petr Čech started off as a striker at his first club FC Viktoria Plzeň and was eventually moved to goalkeeping position by his youth coaches.
- He was declared the best goalkeeper for 2004–2005, 2006–2007 and 2007–2008 seasons in the Champions League by UEFA.
- Čech holds the record for reaching 100 clean sheets in the fewest number of matches in the Premier League. He managed to do so in 180 matches.
- He has kept most number of clean sheets in the league, which stood at 178 at the end of 2015-16 season.
- In the Czech First League, he holds the record for going unbeaten for the longest period, which is 928 minutes in 2001-02 season.
- In the Premier League, he has won the golden glove award in 2004–05, 2009–10, 2013–14 and 2015–16 seasons.
- He is the only goalkeeper in the history of the Premier League to win golden glove for two different clubs. He won his first three with Chelsea and the fourth one with Arsenal.
- He could have joined Arsenal in 2002 instead of 2015, if his proposed move to the English club from Sparta hadn’t failed due to difficulties in obtaining work permit.
- Čech’s move to Chelsea in July 2004 was investigated by the Football Association due to suspicions of breach of transfer regulations. Eventually, no foul play was found.
- In October 2006, he nearly died after collision with Reading midfielder Stephen Hunt. He had to undergo surgery for depressed skull fracture.
- In April 2008, the doctors had to put 50 stitches on his mouth and chin after he collided with his teammate Tal Ben Haim during a training session.
- When Brazilian coach Felipe Scolari was sacked by Chelsea in 2009, he accused Čech along with Michael Ballack and Didier Drogba for being responsible for it.
- Petr Čech was born a triplet along with his sister Sarka and brother Marka. It is due to this reason that he has thinner skull than an average person.
- Čech is fluent in five languages. Along with his native Czech, he has a good command over German, French, English and Spanish languages.
- He is also a talented drummer and regularly posts videos of him performing covers of famous songs on YouTube.
- With Chelsea, he has won English Premier League title four times and one UEFA Champions League along with UEFA Europa League. He also won four FA cups with the club.
- He has been named Czech Footballer of the Year for astonishing eight years, including a run of six straight years from 2008 to 2013.
- During his time with Stade Rennes, he was named as the best goalkeeper in the French league for 2003-04 season.
- You can visit his official website @ petr-cech.com
- Connect with Čech on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Google+.