|Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||June 18, 1989|
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang is a French professional footballer who plays as a forward and acts as the captain of the Premier League club’s Arsenal and Gabon national team. He’s well-admired for his impressive playing style and has been considered as one of the best forwards worldwide.
Pierre-Emerick Emiliano François Aubameyang
- Father – Pierre Aubameyang (Former Gabonese International Footballer)
- Others – Catilina Aubameyang (Older Half-Brother), Willy Aubameyang (Older Half-Brother)
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
81 kg or 178.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Aubemayang has dated –
- Alysha Behague (2011-Present) – Aubemayang is married to Alysha Behague. The couple has 2 children together.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Black and Hispanic)
He has Gabonese ancestry on his father’s side and Spanish ancestry on his mother’s side.
- Tall Stature
- Thin Lips
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang Facts
- He mainly plays as a striker but has also been assigned to play as a wide forward.
- He started his senior career at Serie A club Milan. Later in his senior career, Aubameyang was promoted to the first team in 2008.
- In 2013, Aubameyang moved to the Bundesliga club, Borussia Dortmund for a deal that amounted to €14 million. He won the DFL-Supercup title during his debut season in Germany which initially helped him build his name in the footballing industry, becoming recognized as one of the best forwards in the world who finished as the league’s top goal-scorer for the 2016-17 season.
- In 2018, he was the subject of a club-record transfer to the English team, Arsenal. He moved from Borussia Dortmund in a deal amounting to £56 million, which made him the most expensive African player at the time.
- He made his debut for the Gabon national team in 2009 at the age of 19. At the time, he was ranked as the team’s all-time goalscorer who scored 25 goals in 61 games.
- During the 2012 Summer Olympics, he scored his team’s opening game against Switzerland, which was Gabon’s first-ever Olympic goal. For his impressive performance at the 2015 Africa Cup of Nation, he was named “African Footballer of the Year”, making him the first Gabonese player to win the award and the 2nd European-born player next to Frédéric Kanouté.
- He was invited to play for Italy U-19s after finishing a good season with Dijon but he debuted for France under-21 team in a match against Tunisia in February 2009.
- On March 25, 2009, he was selected for the Gabon national team. He scored his first goal in a 3-2 victory over Morocco and then scored a goal each in friendly matches against Benin, Togo, Algeria, and Senegal.
- On June 15, 2013, Aubameyang scored a hat-trick of penalty kicks in Gabon’s 4-1 win against Niger. He then scored a brace against Burkina Faso in the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations Qualification.
- His half-brothers, Catilina and Willy have both played for A.C Milan youth teams.
- He captained Gabon during the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations and scored the team opening goal in a 2-0 win over Burkina Faso. In that same year, Aubameyang was hailed as Gabon’s highest goalscorer.
- In 2022, he was signed by Barcelona on a free transfer from Arsenal. He had signed the contract until June 2025 but with an option for a departure in June 2023 and his buyout clause was set at 100 million euros.
Featured Image by Chensiyuan / Wikimedia / CC-BY-SA-4.0