|Poonam Bajwa Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||April 5, 1989|
Poonam Bajwa is an Indian actress and model who rose to fame after appearing in several films in the Malayalam, Telugu, Tamil and Kannada languages, such as her debut Telugu film Modati Cinema (2005) and the Malayalam movie Zacharia Pothen Jeevichirippundu (2017). Poonam has amassed more than 2.5 million followers on Instagram.
Bombay, Maharashtra, India
She attended Symbiosis International University in Pune studying English Literature.
- Father – Amarjit Singh Bajwa (Naval Officer)
- Mother – Jayalakshmi Bajwa
- Siblings – Deepika Bajwa (Younger Sister)
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- Suneel Reddy
Race / Ethnicity
She often tends to dye her hair in different shades.
- Mole on her left cheek
- Sharp nose
She has endorsed or promoted several brands such as Aara Organics.
Poonam Bajwa Favorite Things
- Director in Kollywood – Mani Ratnam
Source – BehindWoods.com
Poonam Bajwa Facts
- She had been crowned Miss Pune in 2005, following which she began modeling part-time while studying in order to earn pocket money.
- Poonam had gone to Hyderabad for a ramp show, where the director of Modati Cinema had spotted her and enquired whether she was interested in movies. She had just completed her 12th then and had a 5-month-long gap before college, and had gone on to agree to appear in his film, in spite of having excelled in academics.
- Poonam has considered it to be a big privilege to do acting, having found the profession to be very dynamic with the pros far outweighing the cons. She has found it a plus to get to meet a lot of people as an actress and get the scope to travel around as well, there being no monotony ever in her job.
- Poonam has declared herself to be easygoing in real life, with a disposition of being happy and patient.
- She has recounted her journey as an actress to have begun with the Telugu industry, 2 years after which she had come into the Tamil industry. By then, she had become used to working in the South comfortably. She has loved Chennai and has enjoyed comprehending Tamil very well. Chennai has become her 2nd home with the other one being in the North and she has always looked forward to coming and performing in South India.
- Bajwa has regarded both the script and her character to be important while choosing her work. She has also considered the director’s style, the crew and their previous projects before signing a project. She has also liked experimenting with different kinds of roles.
- Poonam has revealed that any woman who is strong and independent has inspired her greatly. Whether it is the security lady, an army officer, or an actress, if she has come across a woman who has full confidence and is secure and sure about herself, she has appreciation and admiration for that. She has looked for strong and motivating women as meeting them has made her feel very happy. She has been filled with hope to see a change happening with more and more women emerging out.
- Poonam has disclosed that while working, she has plenty of fruits, salads, hot water as well as green tea. However, she has found it a big challenge to refuse the delicious food cooked and offered by her mother, when she is at home.
Featured Image by Poonam Bajwa / Instagram