|Poppy Drayton Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||June 7, 1991|
Poppy Drayton is a British actress and singer. She is best known for her role as Amberle Elessedil in the fantasy drama TV series The Shannara Chronicles (2016-2017) alongside Austin Butler, Ivana Baquero, Aaron Jakubenko, Melise, and Vanessa Morgan. She also joined the cast of the TV series Charmed as Abigael in the 3rd episode of the 2nd season in October 2019.
Poppy Gabriella Drayton
Surrey, England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
Poppy graduated from the Arts Educational School in Chiswick, London, England, United Kingdom.
Poppy Drayton is represented by –
- Creative Artists Management (CAM) (Talent Agent) in London, England, United Kingdom
- The Gersh Agency (Talent Agent, Commercial, Personal Appearance) in Beverly Hills, California, United States, and New York City, New York, United States
- London Voice Boutique (Talent Agent Voice) in London, England, United Kingdom
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Beautiful eyes
- Thin, perky nose
- Pointy chin
Poppy Drayton has climbed Mount Kilimanjaro in October 2018 to benefit a charity called MiracleFeet. She has also supported causes and charities such as –
- World Wildlife Fund
- Steps For The Ocean
Poppy Drayton Facts
- She traveled a lot growing up due to her father’s occupation. She lived abroad for 10 years and didn’t settle in England until she was “a bit older.”
- Traveling affected her accent temporarily, which she described as Anglo-American-Dutch.
- New York is her favorite destination to travel to. She lived there at the age of 3 and goes back whenever she can.
- She always loved being in sketches and school plays, and becoming an actress felt like a natural progression.
- If she didn’t become an actress, she would’ve been a travel photographer. She also considered studying photography at an Art College.
- Poppy owns a Canon AE-1 camera and carries it in her bag wherever she goes.
- When Poppy met a fellow actor John Rhys-Davies, whom she looked up to, he told her he hated her signature. John thought it was too squiggly and that her fans couldn’t read her name with ease.
- She did not read Terry Brooks’s books before she landed the role of Amberle Elessedil in The Shannara Chronicles (2016-2017).
- One thing that worried her about her playing Amberle is how much horse-riding she had to do. She trained every day for 3 weeks and even suffered a scary fall while filming.
- It took 3 helpers and “a lot of coconut oil” for her to slip into the mermaid costume for her role as Elizabeth in The Little Mermaid (2018).
- To prepare for her role as Elizabeth, she watched episodes of The Blue Planet (2001) and Blue Planet II (2017–2018), practiced swimming like a mermaid at a local swimming pool, and even went to pet stores and tried quietly “talking” to the fish in aquariums.
- Singing in movies and TV shows is her least favorite thing to do. However, she accepted to do a singing scene in The Little Mermaid (2018). As she was getting ready to film it, her dad called to tell her that her grandmother passed away. Poppy dedicated her performance to her grandmother and considers it one of the best days on the job.
- During her 1-episode appearance on the TV series Downton Abbey (2013) as Madeleine Allsopp, she instantly bonded with the actor Paul Giamatti.
- Before she landed the role in Downton Abbey, she only saw a few episodes and had to binge-watch the entire TV show.
- She borrowed her voice to the character of Shira, Knight of Filianore in the 2017 video game, Dark Souls III.
- An invaluable piece of advice she received about working as an actor is not to get caught up on the words but to speak with the emotion you feel underneath them.
Featured Image by Poppy Drayton / Twitter